Price updating bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,

It was sent a few minutes after receiving the FTP address on Friday. It was sent to the address supplied by Lancellot and I confirmed by Email that I had sent it. It was stored in the folder called Technobots which he had set up. If you need it again let me know but it takes a time to send as it's 60+ MB.

Comment

OK Paul - there was an internal miscommunication. I've got the snapshot now. I'll sort out a solution today for you.

Comment

OK - to answer your shopping cart layout problem, go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and expand the 'Shopping Cart Table' group. Right-click on 'View Cart Page Shopping Cart Grid' and select 'Revert to Factory Settings'.

That should do it.

Just working on the pricing issue. I just need to create a pricing import file. It won't take long...

Comment

Omigod I have got EXACTLY the same issue...Please post the solution!
          Andrew - are you also changing prices with an import? Can I see a URL of your site with the problem?

Comment

An update:

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with your snapshot yet I'm afraid. Here's what I've tried:

1) Uploaded your snapshot to a local server. Changed a price, uploaded again and tested. The same price was in the shopping cart and on the page.

2) Created an flat file import file to update a section's worth of prices. Imported it and uploaded. Again, everything was in synch.

3) Uploaded a mini test store to your website. Check out http://www.technobots.co.uk/acatalog/test/acatalog/. It's only one section so it's not that many files at all. I tried the above tests again but had no luck.

Looking on your webserver, the section page you changed on Friday was updated at 7 in the evening, but the accompanying *.cat file still said 12.30. So I can clearly see the symptoms. I just can't nail the cause.

Could you send me your spreadsheet file you use to update prices? I'll see if it's anything to do with that. Send to cdicken /at/ actinic/co/uk

Comment

Hi Chris, your explanation in post 18 has solved the shopping cart layout - many thanks.

Hi Jont, sorry for not responding to your earlier post sooner. I fully appreciate the colour scheme is not to everyones taste, especially a number of the experienced designers from this forum. My problem is I quite like it (not that makes it right of course) and since its lauch last August, we have not received any negative feedback regarding colour schemes from customers. We sent out a survey to customers just over a year ago which gave us quite a poor feedback on our old pre-Actinic website. Perhaps the time is right to send out another survey and see what feedback that generates from the new site. Comments always appreciated.

Comment

Hi chaps -

Paul - did that fix I send you work OK? If so, I'll post the details here.

Andrew - any joy with getting me details of that URL? Do you still have the problem?

Comment

Hi Chris,

Just found your Email in the spam folder!

I have deleted all records in the FileList as instructed and uploaded (which took a couple of hours) . Then modified the price of the same product referenced above and did another upload (which took just a few minutes) and the same problem remains. So the fix doesn't work

Comment

OK - the only thing I can think of is your database is somehow corrupted - maybe by the import with errors. Paul in support will get someone in development to look at the database tomorrow to see if there are any clues.

Comment

Hi Chris,

For the first time since doing a flat import into V9, I have not had the error described in post 1. The problem with the pricing still remains though.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Is it just me that has this problem? No solution from Actinic yet and the problem is growing. I have just started using the Minimum Quantity option and I get the same symptoms when uploading a changed Minimum Quantity, the product details update correctly but the code behind that checks that the minimum quantity has been achieved when adding to basket still works on the old value. So now every price change and Minimum Quantity change requires a refresh which is obviously so much slower.

Comment

Working...
                        X