Customer text field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer text field

I want to add a field for the customer to add engraving text next to each product they select. I want this field box to pop up if possible when the customer ticks the box.

I managed to create the tick box to add the cost, I also added a text box by going to product then prompts tab then adding the word "Engraving text" in the Other info question box. This brings up a box for the customer and the customer can see the text at the checkout but the text wasn't retrievable when retieving orders.

The text has to be 20 characters long max.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Other Info is the correct way to do this. There are posts in the Knowledge base about making this info optional (otherwise customers will get an error if they leave this field blank).

You should be seeing this info in the Cart, Checkout and downloaded order. Look again in the Order / Line Items / Order Line.

To limit the length to 20 characters, edit your Product Layout and look for
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="O_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
    Change maxlength="1000" to maxlength="20" or whatever limit you want.

You could also copy the product layout several times, rename the copy and set each copy to a different maxlength.

Making this field optional and appear when the checkbox is selected isn't easy to do.

If you have more complex engraving requirements, then I have an engraving add on that allows fine control of The Field Length, Optional Description, Free Characters, Pence per Additional Character, Fixed Charge, etc. Example user on http://www.bettertrophiesbetterprice...phy_range.html
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks

I thought this would be the way to go but still can't get the text to retrieve.

Comment

What do you see in the Order / Line Items / <click the item> / Order Line / Other Info?
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Doh!!

Thanks

Can this now be transfered onto a Sage invoice?

Comment

Can this now be transfered onto a Sage invoice?
            I've just tried this out and I found that if I click on the 'arrow' that appears under the 'Description' field for the line item in Sage an 'Edit Line Item' window opens up and the 'Other Info' text appears in one of the 'Comment' fields.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X