Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style tags coming through on customer mail

Hi all

I'm hoping that this is an easy fix and that I'm just being daft not knowing what to do.

If I enter details on a normal product content page and use the Actinic console buttons to style the text (change the colour, size etc.) it'll automatically put the styling tags around the text. That, of course, is no problem but I'm finding that the coding then also appears on the customer's order confirmation mail, invoice and even any stock reports I may generate from Actinic which, apart from looking shoddy, also makes it really hard to read.

Is there a known way around this or do I just not style any text?

Sue
    sigpic dinkybox - super groovy toys and collectables from around the world.

customer emails can only be plain text

Comment

You'd have to patch OrderScript.pl (requires significant Perl skills) to remove these tags.

It might be easier to leave the description alone and style all of it (if you have to) by editing the product layout, not the text itself.

There are numerous posts on this - try searching for product description html email and you'll see some.

For example this post - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11456 - posts 7 and 10 apply.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that. Apologies for doubling up on topics already mentioned.

Sue
        sigpic dinkybox - super groovy toys and collectables from around the world.

Comment

Working...
        X