• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text on site not alligned

Hi Guys
    I have 2 sites created on the same version i.e. 8.5.1
    www.ballistoluk.co.uk is fine. when viewed in IE7 and Firefox
    www.gdfb.co.uk has the text moved up on every page and the checkout bar along the top does not work when viewed in IE & but is fine in Firefox.
    Any ideas?

Stephen
    GDFB Recreating History

is completely trashed for me in ie7 - try a refresh

Comment

We have done the refresh but some of the picture files have not gone across but the guts of the site is there and still has the text moved up.
      GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Hi Stephen,

It's the style for the header content that is fixing the height. Firefox seems to be overriding this anyway but if you go onto the 'Design' tab and put your 'overall layout' into the layout code window (click on any element in the preview pane and then click the 'navigate to parent' icon (arrow pointing upwards) as many times as you need to to get to the overall layout) and search for:

<div class="tech_page_header_content">

Right-click on the style name and select 'lookup in actinic stylesheet' and you should see something like:

Code:
        	.tech_page_header_content	{
        		width: 762px;
        		text-align: left;
        		height: 65px;
        		border-bottom: 4px solid <actinic:variable name="Palette1" />;
              }
        Change the 'height' attribute to accommodate your image and the top navigation (start at something like 190px) and see if that helps.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey
          I will give this a go but i normally leave all this stuff to Gary the I.T. but he is on his hols at the moment so if I end up with the site upside down I may be back to you.

Cheers
          Stephen
          GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Hi Tracey
            gave that a try and it moved the picture at the top down but the text stayed where it is.

Stephen
            GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I've just saved your page onto my desktop along with the stylesheet and made the change that I've mentioned and everything moves down, except the image so it looks correct, so this is the right solution. Are you sure that you changed the correct style?
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy
                When it comes to looking at scripts I get lost so no I probably did not.
                If it is possible to put it in monkey proof instructions I may be able to do it.

Stephen
                GDFB Recreating History

Comment

You have several issues with the layout which I don't think changing just the one piece of CSS will resolve... for example the logo image seems to be sticking out over the right hand edge .. this is due to the width from .tech_page_content which is not taking into account and padding etc with the box model... if you are really not sure may be best to wait for your IT man to return and let him rectify as it really needs an in depth look at several areas and not just the header height.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Stephen,

My previous instructions should have helped, however, here's another way of getting to the right place:

- go to the 'Design' menu (top of the screen) and select 'Library'
                    - on the 'Layouts' tab expand the 'Web Page Outer Layout' group (click the '+')
                    - double-click on the 'Actinic Stylesheet' layout to open it
                    - click onto the first line of the stylesheet and right-click and select 'Find'
                    - put 'tech_page_header_content' into the 'search for text' field (without the apostrophes) and click the 'Find Next in Code' button
                    - that should take you to the style where you should see:

Code:
                    .tech_page_header_content	{
                    		width: 762px;
                    		text-align: left;
                    		border-bottom: 4px solid Palette1;
                          }
                    - change:

to

height: 190px;

- click 'OK' and then click 'Close'
                    - you should see the change in the 'preview pane' (try clicking onto another section in the content tree to ensure that the preview is updated)
                    - update your site ('Web | Update Website')

I agree with Jont that there are some other issues but this should at least make things easier to read on the site until your IT guy is back.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey I have done it.
                      What gets me is how did it change in the first place as when I first uploaded thesite it was fine.
                      Thanks again
                      Stephen
                      GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Stephen - the header is still breaking out of the site width and not aligning correctly to the left

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont
                          How do I fix that one, remember only monkey proof explainations please.
                          I am learning, but slow, slow . slow.

Stephen
                          GDFB Recreating History

Comment

ooh ooh aah aah.

Don't look for a complicated answer, it is incredibly simple. If you give a box a certain size and then try to fit something bigger into it, the box will break - your website is no different. Your site will not work for me, however from what Jont has said, you must be trying to put your logo (which is too big) into a container (which is too small).

You have 4 options to solve the problem:
                            1. Reduce the image so that it fits the container it is going to sit inside
                            2. Increase the container so the logo fits inside
                            3. Do a bit of both on points 1&2 and get them to meet in the middle of the size conundrum
                            4. Go to the pub

All of the above will solve the issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X