Checkout button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout button

Apologies in advance for clogging board with noob Q's.

I have pretty much started from scratch with my design so removed all of the standard variables/layouts. All is going fairly well considering.

Now I have hit a most basic problem with regards to checkout, in particular inserting a button to start the process off. I can see that in variables and layouts I have options for checkout but am confused as to how to add an actual clickable button that does something.

The furthest I have got so far is adding a checkout variable which simple shows text or a back button!

I cannot see any other posts on this so I have a feeling I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

You are probably best wiping everything you have done, doing an uninstall, delete any leftover Actinic folders in Program Files and My Documents, then do a reinstall and run through the getting started guide and read the Help Topics before starting again.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

so removed all of the standard variables/layouts...
      If I read this like Bill, you've seriously modified the way Actinic works and now need help to repair it.

This is, of course, just about impossible as we've no way of knowing what you've done or why.

It's much better to start again with a clean working Actinic theme and only make small changes, one at a time, when you clearly understand their implications.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

As a beginner I perhaps didnt explain my problem very accurately.

I only meant that I had removed the default layout / variables from the design view - surely a re-install is a bit extreme, couldn't I just start a new catalog.

What would be the normal steps for adding a checkout button before I go and un-install?

Comment

If you have Business Plus then you can register another site - if not then you will need to uninstall fully as mentioned above and then resinstall to get back to the default Actinic store that you began with.

Comment

Ok, editited post.

The penny has dropped. Checkout is an href defined as a variable wrapped in layout.

Sorry for confusion.

Comment

Even if you think you have sorted your problem I too would suggest you start again as the methods you are using are not the correct ones to be using with actinic - you will almost certinly intoduced other errors

Comment

Sorry to labour this Ben, but every post I have seen from you in the last two days screams out that you have not grasped Actinic, and are trying to write the site in pure HTML, adding variables in where you think you need them.

The variables are central to Actinic operation, and should only ever be commented out, exactly where they are in each Layout, until you are absolutely certain the removal does not break functionality of the software.

I really very strongly urge you to start again, and walk before you start to run.

You obviously have strong knowledge of HTML site builds which will serve you very well in adding additional functionality to any Actinic site, but you must grasp the basic 'Actinic' part of the site before you proceed, or you will never be successful.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X