Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling SSL Breaks Checkout Procedure

Hey guys.

Yet another issue with v9 (BP) - was told they'd "phone back in 5 minutes", this was just before 5, I call them back at 10 past 5...closed. Typical Actinic.

The issue:

We enabled SSL, using the dedicated server SSL given by our host, https: // www. cupargardencentre.co.uk.

However, when the user was going to checkout, a box popped up saying the SSL certificate belongs to "cupargardencentre.co.uk". So, I quickly reverted to not using 'www' to see (against our hosts' instruction) if it would work. No joy. I then went back to Actinic, disabled SSL, re-upload, now I can't even go to checkout. I'm given a "A General Script Error Occurred".

Our site redirects non-www to www using Zeus Rewrite script (as it's a Zeus server).

Any idea what the issue could be - bearing in mind it at least let me get to the payment method page before SSL was enabled?

At the moment, we're losing every single customer. SSL was enabled for 'checkout and customer login pages only', if that has any influence on the matter?

I demand an end to 9-to-5 and expect Government to instate slavery in this country. Why, oh why, does every thing regarding the internet close down at 5pm? Are companies (ecommerce, hosting, resellers, etc) not aware that the majority of UK online shopping is completed at night?! Live and learn, I guess

ISSUE RESOLVED: Had to revert back to a site backup and then do a full site refresh. Not 100% sure what caused the issue, or why a standard upload didn't resolve the issue when SSL was disabled, but nonetheless, I got it fixed in the end.
Working...
X