Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parent Section URL

Hi,

the quick link back to my catologue isnt working. This is the link back to Parent Section you get at the bottom of every product page or section page.

ie. the url to get back to the start of the shop is

http://www.bigmatts.com/acatalog/

when is should be

http://www.bigmatts.com/acatalog/shop.html

The Base Page Name is shop.html

all the layouts of sections and subsections are set to "use parent"

the layout its using is Standard Parent Section List and checking the Design Library I get:-

[<a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" target="_self">
    <span class="actxsmall"><i><b><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></b></i></span>
    </a>
    <b>&nbsp;>&nbsp;</b>]

All looks OK to me. So not sure why the url isn't pointing to the correct place. Any idea?

Matt
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Originally posted by mpwildeman
    Hi,

the quick link back to my catologue isnt working.
    which link where?

and can you post your code in [ CODE ] tags please.
    It's breaking the screen.
    Tracey

Comment

You can either restore the original layout back to factory in the library (right click > revert) ... or the sledgehammer approach to force Actinic to work the way you want remove the variables and hard code the links.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Renaming the store top page to be something other than index.html has other implications on folder access on your server unless you block it with a dummy index page. I'd set it back to normal and all be fine and dandy then.

Comment

Lee,

the site front page is the index.html and the first page of the catalogue is shop.html its always been that way. Are you saying this isn't right?

Jont - mentioned reverting to factory setting. I tried this and still not working.

Can someone explain why this link back isn't working? surely the start of the catalogue is a known item and should just link back to it, no?

matt
          Matthew Wildeman
          www.bigmatts.com
          2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

If the page is called index.html it gets served up to the browser by just accessing the folder in which it resides, this also provides the security i mention. If you name if differently, then the folder is accessible publically and a link to the folder will not result in the shop.html page being served up. If you wish to keep shop.html, then you need to provide a direct link to that page, not the folder in which it resides. Search the web for a more details explanation on how index.html or index.htm is naturally looked for as first port of call, should become clear then.

Comment

If you really want shop.html in your acatalog folder then you would need to add a DirectoryIndex command to a htaccess file.
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
              X