Order Despatch Email Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Despatch Email Errors

When I send customers the confirmation of despatch email (standard email with some of my own simple text added, same as I did previously in V7) they are receiving it with a chunk in the middle missing, ie part of the list of goods ordered missing, re-starting with some text in the middle of a sentence, which reads, as it happens, rather alarmingly, eg "2 packs of Pita bread" for which there is a charge of £17".

There are a couple of paragraphs of words missing between "Pita bread" and "for which there is". The Pita bread is not £17!

The same chunk is missing from each email. I have tried sending one to myself with the same error.

Has anybody else had this happen, what causes it and what is the remedy?

The record of the sent email under the Mail tab shows the full and correct email.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Where is the text that is missing coming from? Is it the bit of text that you have added to the email or part of the product description? Can you post a screenshot of what the email looks like please.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Both automatic matter and my text missing

Hello Tracey. The part of the email that goes missing is usually from the second half of the automatically generated order details, starting from in the middle of the list of order items, followed by paragraphs of text (standard Actinic text with some of my own text added to it). It always re-starts at the same particularily unfortunate point, making it look like I have charged the customer £17 for something.

I have just sent a customer a confirmation of despatch email, all looking find in Actinic, where I had personalised the first sentence to say that I had refunded her for an earlier order she had cancelled, but instead of receiving it saying, "I have refunded £42.50 to your card", it reads, "for which you will be charged £17". In this case the content has gone missing from before the order details starts, and has missed them out completely.

At the moment I cannot do a test one to myself to show you, as the tests are working OK - the error does not appear to happen every time. I have no way of knowing which customers or how many customers have received emails incorrectly; they all appear correct in the Mail tab of sent emails. The number of customers who contact me to complain is not large, but they may be the tip of the iceberg, with other customers either not bothering to read all the email anyway, or not bothering to contact me.

Sarah

Comment

could this be the same problem as some people were having with characters in the product references messing up email receipts?
        Are you using 8.5.2?

Sarah, the orders in question that have the broken emails, do any of the orderlines have characters (quotes or brackets, for example) in the Short Description (ProductName)?
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X