Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 Issues

Hi

Just thought I would write down any issues I come across when playing with V9 (V9.0.0.0.0.0.ICLA) - some are big bugs, some are improvement suggestions, etc.

I wanted to try a nice clean import leaving behind some of the cruft that had built up in V8, so I decided to try a Hierarchical import.

The 'Map fields for Section table' dialog box should be resizeable - it is currently to small when your trying to map for a hierarchical import and make it very hard to sort out issues.

The AutoMap button should map "Exclude from Froogle Data Feed" to "Exclude for Google Data Feed" automatically, as I assume it is the same thing?

We seem to have lost the 'ExtInfoButtonImageFileName' variable in v9?

Content Tree / Page preview, etc Window resizing doesn't seem to work very well, in fact it resulted in a total crash of actinic for me the first time I moved the Page Preview window.

At the end of the Hierarchical import I get a 'An error occurred wile editing the product database table. Operation Failed, no current record'. I imported again and the error didn't appear.

In all the Text fields the carriage returns are represented by \n's, not converted back to returns. Actually they are displayed like this which is even worse!

I get a fail file full of "The given section cannot be found, please check its name. The fragment is still imported but its link is disabled" errors and looking at the site, none of the links have been imported?

I wondered if an improvement would be to add a 'network settings' check box to the hierarchical export process?

Some serious bugs in there to fix, the broken links and \n's being required fixes.

Thanks
    Kevin

Kevin

This is about to become out of date, the v9.0.1 beta is around at the moment, these should be refered to actinic not on the forum, actinic obviously frequent the forum but might not pick up on any issues or bugs that are spotted.

but i bet you going to tell me you emailed them aswell

D

Comment

Hi Kevin

Thanks for taking the time to report the problems with the your Actinic store.

I'm afraid that without being able to see your import file, it's difficult to be able to track down these issues. I suggest you contact Actinic Support via http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and they will ask for your file and work with you to fix it.

Comment

The 'Map fields for Section table' dialog box should be resizeable - it is currently to small when your trying to map for a hierarchical import and make it very hard to sort out issues.
        I totally agree with this, but it will have to go on the wish list for now I'm afraid.

The AutoMap button should map "Exclude from Froogle Data Feed" to "Exclude for Google Data Feed" automatically, as I assume it is the same thing?
        Yep - that's a bug I'll report.

In what way? It's there in the software. Are you talking about the Import Wizard. Could you elaborate?

Comment

Ah - I think you can only map it to products in v9 if you have got this variable set at the product level. This isn't the case in a default v9 store.

Comment

Working...
          X