Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Exemption?

A question regarding wholesale customer group and taxes in Actinic V8

My client www.personal-prints would like their wholesale art dealers to be able to login and purchase
    at wholesale rate. No problem at first. I created a customer group, a test customer account, and a 50% discount off retail price.
    The login works beautifully, the 50% discount is applied in checkout just fine. But the Colorado state tax of 2.9% is applied to Colorado art dealers.

How may I make all wholesale orders tax exempt?

Many Thanks!

Bob Collins
    Bob Collins Design
    Fort Collins, Colorado USA
    bob@bobcollinsdesign.com

Hi,

You can exempt customer accounts from tax by ticking the 'exempt' box on the 'addresses' tab and put a tax exemption number or ID into the input field.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
      Hi,

You can exempt customer accounts from tax by ticking the 'exempt' box on the 'addresses' tab and put a tax exemption number or ID into the input field.
      Is it possible to exclude certain products from tax exemption at checkout?
      I have a client who needs to be able to give customers the opportunity to tick the tax exemption box at checkout (along with providing further details) but there are certain products which are not eligible for this exemption and will need to be sold with VAT added.
      Is this possible? (V8.5.3, btw)
      Tracey

Comment

actually, think I've found the answer to that and not a good one

HERE TraceyG confirms that the Vat exemption can't be set for specific products so I guess that's a big fat NO then

Just for the record though...Actinic..is there any change in this in V9??
        Tracey

Comment

Hi,

I don't think there are any changes in this area but let me check for you.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I'm told that this is not possible because the Tax Exemption applies to the order and not individual cart lines. It would get even worse if there were netted discounts as the system would need to work out the proportion of the discount that is taxed. Then there is the situation with tax on shipping, what part of the total shipment charge, if taxable, applies to the taxed product. So it's not that simple to implement.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I'm told that this is not possible because the Tax Exemption applies to the order and not individual cart lines. It would get even worse if there were netted discounts as the system would need to work out the proportion of the discount that is taxed.
              I understand that. so is that a 'this is never going to happen' reply then?

Then there is the situation with tax on shipping, what part of the total shipment charge, if taxable, applies to the taxed product.
              Surely that's no different to normal 'pro rata' shipping though?

Meantime, thanks for confirming, Tracey. Much appreciated.
              Tracey

Comment

so is that a 'this is never going to happen' reply then?
                I can add it to the wish list but as they say 'don't hold your breath'

Surely that's no different to normal 'pro rata' shipping though?
                It certainly sounds that way to me but he's tying this in with the discounting bit (??)
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X