Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email formatting blunder - visible variables - any suggestions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email formatting blunder - visible variables - any suggestions please?

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I'm stumped.

I made a few text amends to the standard Order Received email on a client's site and re-uploaded the site - no problem.

Now, bearing in mind that I'm running Actinic Designer, my client is running Actinic Business in totally separate physical locations - and that my client sometimes has to manually send Order Received emails from the orders module of their Business install - I figured that if I copied & pasted the revised template code into a text file and sent it over, I could get the client to use the Manage layouts function within the order module's email function to update the template on their local machine, by copying the revised chunk of code + text into their Order Received email layout.

Worked fine as far as I could tell, only now, when they manually send the Order Received email, the Actinic variables are horribly visible, both in the preview (within the Actinic order module) and in the recipient's inbox.

So instead of:

Dear Test UK

Thank you for your order.

We have received and are processing the following order:

Order Number: TI50DD10001026
    Order Date: 10 April 2008 16:08 GMT

Ship To:
    Test UK - IGNORE
    Test UK Address

We end up with:

Dear <Actinic:CUSTOMER_NAME/>,

Thank you for your order.

We have received and are processing the following order:

Order Number: <Actinic:ORDER_NUMBER/>
    Order Date: <Actinic:ORDER_DATE/>

Ship To:
    <Actinic:SHIP_SALUTATION/><Actinic:SHIP_NAME/><Actinic:SHIP_NAME_SEP/>
    <Actinic:SHIP_TITLE/><Actinic:SHIP_TITLE_SEP/><Actinic:SHIP_COMPANY/><Actinic:SHIP_COMPANY_SEP/>

etc.

I obviously blundered somewhere, but looking at the email layout and comparing it with the other (untampered-with) ones, I'm stumped... anyone have any ideas please?
    www.darrenturpin.co.uk
    Freelance webguy and pro-blogger for hire

Hi,

<Actinic:CUSTOMER_NAME/>,
    This looks like a v7 format. v8 would be something like '<actinic:variable name="ContactInvoiceName"/>'. Where did you get the variables from? I suggest taking a look at how the email looks in a default site and work from there.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey -

I'm pretty sure I got the variables from the existing Order Received email template via the Design Library, but it's entirely possible that I crossed some wires somewhere along the line...

I'll have a go at re-constructing from scratch based on one of the working templates.

Thanks again

DT
      www.darrenturpin.co.uk
      Freelance webguy and pro-blogger for hire

Comment

Working...
      X