Price change when product is selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price change when product is selected

Is there a way of actinic automaticly changing the price when a certain size is picked?
    For example, we sell ballet shoes which vary in price on the size
    e.g sizes 1-5 £8.25 sizes 6-12 £11.25

So that I dont have to list the items seperatly is there a formula that I can set up when putting in the price structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could have a drop down list with all the sizes and right price included in the list next to the size. Or a radio buttons to choose the size and a simple price grid with 'sizes 1-5 £8.25 sizes 6-12 £11.25'.

You need to create a component within the product, and then a size attribute within the component, then add choices/sizes within the attribute. Then click on the component in the tree - click the permutations tab and click 'fill list' and put in your prices. Then, on the layout tab of the component. Choose the 'component layout with selectable permutations'.

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, I have tried that and it works to a degree, I forgot to mention that ther is a choice of colours to pick from aswell. I tried to add this at the same time, but it makes the list endless. If I could do as you say for the drop down list for the prices, to get the price and a separate dropdown list for picking the colour, which does not effect the price, wuld be great.

Comment

Yes, it's possible. It's what I've done here:

http://www.ductstore.co.uk/acatalog/...h_flanges.html

I just added another component, and another attribute, and the choices - in your case colours -, did 'fill list' but didn't put any prices in.

Also, make sure you make the right selection on the 'general' tab of the product where it says 'pricing model'. I imagine you will need 'sum of component prices'.

This is all with catalog 8.1, not sure if what you're using is the same.

(I'm just a learner too BTW - it's how I do it, not necessarily how it should be done)

Comment

OK, I have a different recommendation (well, a couple actually)
          Single component.
          Attribute 1 'SIZE' (including price if you want it to display to the customer here)
          Attribute 2 'COLOUR'

In the component 'permutations' tab, 'fill list' and enter prices accordingly for each size/colour combination.

Even better still, contact Norman at Drillpine and ask about his Dynamic Pricing add-ons as he mentions in THIS THREAD
          I've used one on one of my sites and it's great for displaying the price to customers as they select their choices. I can highly recommend it.
          Tracey

Comment

You don't need anything from me to implement this. There are several ways to do this:

1) You can have a single Component with two sets of Choices (Colour and Size). Instead of using Fill List to make a big combined set of Permutations, use the [+] button to manually populate the list. Make an entry for each size but leave the Colour entry at "Any Choice".

2) Have two Components, one with the size Choices with permutation prices as before using (Fill List). The other for the colour Choices with no permutation prices set.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              You don't need anything from me to implement this. There are several ways to do this:

1) You can have a single Component with two sets of Choices (Colour and Size). Instead of using Fill List to make a big combined set of Permutations, use the [+] button to manually populate the list. Make an entry for each size but leave the Colour entry at "Any Choice".

2) Have two Components, one with the size Choices with permutation prices as before using (Fill List). The other for the colour Choices with no permutation prices set.
              Completely true, of course.
              My brain was automatically on 'fill list' mode as I'm usually using associated products so, as an aside, can I just add that if you DO require stock control on any of the items you're setting up, with size/colour choices, and need to link them to associated products for that purpose, you'll need to go the long way around.

It must be nice not to need to control stock!

The add-on for the dynamic pricing is invaluable to avoid price confusion if you have a range of different price combinations as it displays the price to the customer as their choice combinations are made...obviously not necessarily needed if you only have a couple of price variations but fabby if you have half a dozen or so!
              Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your help, it works a treat now.

Thanks Again,

Jeremy

Comment

In a similar vein to this old thread, I have a number of products, each of which has two attributes.
                  I've given each product a component, and added the two attributes.
                  How ever not every combination is available.

Currently, if they choose a combination that isn't available it allows them to add it and then goes to a checkout screen that says it is not available.
                  All of which would be very frustrating for a customer.

Is there any way to prevent invalid combinations of choices being made?

Many thanks,
                  B.

Comment

Working...
                  X