Changing Theme results in a crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Theme results in a crash

I customer of mine has a custom theme and for the last year everything has been running fine (he's now on v8.5.1 HFUA).

Last week he complains that his Actinic start'up then crashes.

I have an old snapshot (1 month old), so I import it into my Actinic (same version) and then copy/paste his database onto my PC.

I am now able to recover his Actinic and discover that one of his products was crashing his Actinic when on 'preview pane'. I deleted this product and seemed to resolve the issue.

The customer is not complaining that he cannot change the 'layout' of any products with permutations! ....Hmmm! I have checked this and it seems that when you add a new product, you can change the layout (via the layout tab), but when you add a permutation, the layout tab dissapears!

So... I tried changing the theme to a default Actinic Theme (i.e. Smart, Technical, CSS, etc) and each time I try this, Actinic Crashes!

Th snapshot I have from 1 month ago is fine - it will not crash on change of theme, so I can always use this for site structure.

I could create a new website and import the products, but it means completely rebuilding the site and re-configuring loads of business, shipping and site options... and I don't want to do that!

Does anyone know how to resolve this???

I had a site doing a similar thing - the only solution was to upgrade to v8.5.2... the upgrade process seems to have a nice levelling effect on errant databases.

v8.5.1 to v8.5.2 was not a big leap so there should be little development work to do afterwards to bring back to speed

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The site upgraded to 8.5.2 and the layout tab came back.

However, during the upgrade process, it gave an 'unexpected error' message during the import and eventually gave an 'abnormal termination' whilst upgrading the site!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	542424
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DB5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	542425

This is a bit odd as this is now acting bizzare!!

Comment

Hi Paul,

This sounds like it needs some investigation so you should contact support (via phone if you have a cover contract or via the web form if you don't).
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X