Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic keeps crashing

I've been trying to set up a new site.

I've started with the clean css layout theme which i wish to customise to fit in with my site design, everytime a press apply, actinic shutsdown or crashes.

When i restart it the changes have been applied.

I have a multi screen setup for ease of editing and i have the page preview on one monitor and the code view in the main actinic on the other monitor using the split view. Does anyone else do this? does it crash your actinic too?

It's very frustrating.

Timmo.

It's probably not related if the crash happens as soon as you press "apply" but if there is a delay it could be what we at first thought was a crash and which I now think is an automatic shutdown after a period defined at user level in settings/users/idle timeout.

Apologies if this is a red herring.
    Regards
    Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael, but no it crashes as soon as i click apply...

Comment

I have a multi screen setup for ease of editing and i have the page preview on one monitor and the code view in the main actinic on the other monitor using the split view. Does anyone else do this? does it crash your actinic too?
        I've always used multi screen without issue

Comment

What version are you using, there was a bug in the a
          initial alpha and beta programs which caused the software to crash when changing themes and settings

D

Comment

Hi Darren

I downloded the latest release today when they sent me the announcement email.

version 9.0.1.0.0.0.IDWA act business +

Timmo.

Comment

OK been playing with the latest version and mine seems to be ok, you might have to contact support, have you tried taking a snapshot and completely uninstalling actinic.

Rather than upgrade the previous version you were running, i am guessing here but you say you have been designing already, so i take it you had an earlier version installed.

D

Comment

well i still have my main site running on v8 as i don't trust v9 yet.

but i have completely uninstalled v9, cleared the registry of any references and reloaded v9, still crashes.

Thanks anyway Darren.

Comment

Working...
                X