Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Quantity equal to zero

Hi

V8 Business User. Perhaps I missed a config trick, but I cannot set the component quantity to less than 1 ? The component categories used (size / colour) are not quantity dependent, and the quantity values get carried through to the Invoice. so you get '1 pair plus 1 colour red'

How do I set the componernt quantity to zero (or do I removed it (how ?) off the Invoice documents) ?

I thought there would be a ready made solution for this...so I must be searching with the wrong keywords. Apologies.
    Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Hi. I had a similar problem but I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I had all the attributes listed in the cart as though they were products, with quantities, just as you describe. There was no practical problem with this other than making the cart, packing list, and invoice look very confusing. If it is the same thing I think you are looking at it in the wrong way to say you want to set the component quantity to zero. I can't quite remember what I did to correct it, but it will come back to me shortly. It was a simple fix, that much I can remember.

Have you got the 'component as separate order line' box ticked on the product's general tab?

Comment

There is a fix in either the forum, KB or the AUG for this, Bradley is right. I can't recall which one, you need to adjust a script, I know that part.

Comment

Same problem

Hi,

I was just trying to search for this very answer, I couldn't find it either, many customers are saying that my websites shopping cart and invoices don't look right and - from my own point of view - when packing, you can't just do a quick count to see if your packing list matches the number of items in a box.

If anyone has a link to the forum that solved this issue, I would be really grateful of it, I can't find it.

Thanks

Denise
        Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Ok, I think I made a change to the ActinicOrder.pm file located in the Site1 folder - just can't remember what the change was now. Still thinking...

Comment

Ok i thought i'd be helpful, took me 3 minutes to find these:

http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...383.html#a1016

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=33854

Hopefully they are helpful.

My first search term was "quantity in shopping cart", i never used a second. Hopefully that provides an idea on best way to use the search. Trying to work out what people will have written is the key.

Comment

Oh yes. That was it. Knew it was simple.

Comment

What about invoices and offline ordering

Hi,

Is there a global change that will prevent these component counts showing anywhere, I have changed the cart, but really do not want them showing anywhere, they are just confusing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

Re: Hiding component quantities

Hi, I'm using V8 Business,

I tried the suggested fix (above) from the knowledge base to hide the component quantity values, but it did not work ?

The ActinicOrder.pm file seems successfully modified, and I refreshed the site, but no difference. Component quantities are still shown in the cart ?

Does this fix apply to V8 ? am I missing a step ?

Currently if sombody buys a white lamp for example, they get

1 x lamp
                  1 x white

in the Cart. I would like to supress the "1" against white to read

1 x lamp
                  white
                  Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Anthony,

This fix works and I have used it on all my sites from v7 to v9, I would suggest you try doing it again with a fresh copy of ActinicOrder.pm (from C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Original) and re-upload, it does work!
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Still ain't working !

This looks to be a 2 minute fix....so I must be doing something wrong.

I've copied in a new ActinicOrder.pm file from original to site 1. The file is from 12/10/07 304kb.

Using the knowledge base example I search for $pComponent->{'QUANTITY'},
                      (using wordpad or notpad) only one instance found, not two as mentioned in the note ? I replace this with $pComponent->{' '}, . Save and update the site.

After adding an item (+ component) to my basket and confirming a quantity (say 2) I still see Quantity 2 for the item and quantity 2 for the component on the bounce page and order page.

Do I need somehow to rebuild these files ? I don't see ActinicOrder being copied over to my host, does it recreate other files ? Maybe I should delete these too, but the KB articles makes no reference to it.
                      Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I don't see ActinicOrder being copied over to my host, does it recreate other files ?
                        ActinicOrder.pm will become ao000001.pl when it is uploaded. It may be worth trying a refresh of the site to see if that works. However, can I just check that Site1 is the site that you are uploading?
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

It's working !

Hi,

My mistake...it is working. I do not see any component quantities in the Order. I do however see them in the checkout process / quantity confirm bounce page etc. etc. which is where I was originally looking. Can these be safely / easily supressed from these pages as well ?

My components are not quantity related characteristcs for my products (footwear) so I prefer not to have any component quantities displayed at all, on the site. Logically it would be better if you could tick a box to supress these from displaying in the component setup, but still factor them into pricing if you wanted to.....just a suggestion.

For example, my Customers do not need to buy 1 red + 1 sandal and / or 1 blue + 1 sandal, just one blue or red sandal. But maybe I would want to charge a different price for the choice though, so the suggestion.

Obviously changing scripts should be avoided where possible to avoid regression issues.
                          Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Hi Anthony,

The script change should remove it from the basket online (see attached image to show that it does work). Can you provide a URL so I can see what is happening please.
                            Attached Files
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                            X