Missing Images V8 - Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the catalog version only.

I bought V 7 just before V8 came out. Actinic reccomended this so that V8 bugs could be resolved, in hindsight, I wish I had waited, or do I? As V8 came out just after I bought V7, I got a free upgrade to V8. I have been attempting (on & off) to upgrade v7 to v8 ever since!

I have been told that to upgrade my V7 to V9, it would cost £250 with 12 months support, or £225 with no support. I can't chin my mum for costs though as she only sells balls of wool! I also need to ensure that the order retrival and processing on any upgrade does not get more complicated as she is the other end of the country to me.

Comment

If this is more of a hobby site than a business then staying with V8 might make sense. If it's a serious business then the cost will probably pay itself back fairly quickly in more sales and improved efficiency.

You can find a list of changes in the release notes here http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

The best way to upgrade is via Actinic 'cover'. This way you get the benefit of proper support and any new versions (such as V10) free during the 12 month period. Those look like ex-VAT prices so beware if your not VAT registered.

For me the improvement in VAT makes it worth upgrading on that alone.

How many products does the website have? Another option would be to keep an eye on the magazines for the free 25 product versions that Actinic use to promote the new releases. Now that 9.0.1 is released I'd expect to see one appear quite soon.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X