Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Error log - What do the errors actually mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Error log - What do the errors actually mean?

IU was just reading another topic which advised checking the Actinic Error log to see if you loose sales at checkout so i thought i'd have alook but couldn't really see anything that would give me the details on if sales were being lost. Does anyone know what i need to be looking for?

Also the errors that do appear in the log don't make a lot of sense to mewhat do they mean such as:

Program = SHOPCART, Program version = 18118 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/5.2.2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2008/04/03 06:16, Internal Errors = There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!

Program = SearchSc, Program version = 17603 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2008/01/13 18:04, Internal Errors = Error loading configuration file ../acatalog/A000.cat.

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 507 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/12/13 21:31, Internal Errors = Mallformed XML cart template (missing AlsoBoughtLine)

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 507 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/12/13 21:31, Internal Errors = Mallformed XML cart template (missing DiscountInfoLine)

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 507 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/12/13 21:31, Internal Errors = Mallformed XML cart template (missing RelatedProductLine)

Are these bad? Can they be fixed?

Hi,

There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!
    This occurs if the script is called with parameters but the script does not find the expected parameters. As the error refers to SHOPCART then it has to be the cart script (ca000001.pl) that caused the error. It is also possible that the error is caused by someone entering the URL directly into the address bar of their browser. If the problem is not reproducible and it has only occurred once then the most likely cause is a server/network error.

Mallformed XML cart template (missing AlsoBoughtLine)
    Mallformed XML cart template (missing DiscountInfoLine)
    Mallformed XML cart template (missing RelatedProductLine)
    These are benign errors and were fixed in v8.5.2.

Error loading configuration file ../acatalog/A000.cat.
    I'll look into this one for you.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Error loading configuration file ../acatalog/A000.cat.
      Is this a common error in your error log or just appears once or twice? If it is a common error then it would seem that the permissions on this file are wrong. It should be readable by everyone or this file is missing from the 'acatalog' folder on the server.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Can anyone explain what various parts of the lines in the file error.err actually mean, I can see by looking into the .pl files where some of the errors are generated but how do we know which ones are serious and which we can ignore. For example what does this one mean

Program = MailForm, Program version = 18651 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/4.4.8, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2008/04/22 14:50, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
        )

I know the email works OK because I get confirmations of all sales from the web site, so do I need to sort something or is this caused by external factors.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Program = MailForm, Program version = 18651 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/4.4.8, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2008/04/22 14:50, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
          )
          You will get this error (sorry, your envelope recipient domain must exist) if the email address you are sending to is invalid, ie your customer has input an invalid email address

Comment

Thanks for that Jo, now I know where to look.

Does anyone know where I can find details of the error messages, i.e. what each part means. I have worked some of them out by examining the perl code but would like to understand more.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by Ginnys Attic
              IU was just reading another topic which advised checking the Actinic Error log to see if you loose sales at checkout so i thought i'd have alook but couldn't really see anything that would give me the details on if sales were being lost. Does anyone know what i need to be looking for?
              Hi Ginny

I think they mean
              Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 20697 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/4.4.8, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2008/04/24 12:15, Internal Errors = Your shopping cart has expired, orders must be completed within 3 hours or they will be automatically cancelled.

There may be others but this would occur if someone added goods to cart and then left the site without going through checkout. The reason for this could be deliberate or simply losing their internet link.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro
                Does anyone know where I can find details of the error messages, i.e. what each part means. I have worked some of them out by examining the perl code but would like to understand more.
                found the answers I needed in the master perl scripts.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                X