Fragment spacing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment spacing issue

I've got a v8 site that features fragments at the top of the product pages, but there is a huge gap below the fragment, and above the products. This is not visible in IE, but in Firefox, Safari etc:

http://www.heraldicneedlepoint.com/a...versities.html

When I look at the HTML that is generated there is an enormous empty table
    below the fragment but I cannot see where it is being generated from. Any help much appreciated.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Looks like a corrupt or badly coded list layout setting to me, maybe the end of row settings have gone up the wall. is it an upgraded site? Your sidebars are doing something strange also, maybe an unclosed tag which IE is correcting for you, but others are not.

Comment

It was originally built in v8 and I'm working on it in 8.5.2 . It's always had this anomaly that other sites I've done do not! I havn't even tinkered with the list layout, but it is creating a table with about 4 rows with the fragment in the top row.
      Richard Gosler
      Dorset, UK

Comment

It looks like the table actinic includes to compensate when the section column count is not filled out to the same number to me, but that is just a pure guess. I would put some text markers all over the place, upload and then see where the table falls in relation to these markers, it may help you nail it quicker.

Comment

It turned out to be a cell padding issue. The default cell padding in 'Fragment Product List' layout is 10, and this was getting multiplied by the number of rows of products on the page (??). Setting cellpadding to zero cured it.
          Richard Gosler
          Dorset, UK

Comment

Working...
          X