Snapshot OCD !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot OCD !!

Just wondered what people's habits were with regards to keeping snapshots. I haven't got rid of any as yet, do you keep the last weeks, months, etc...

I normally only keep the last couple of working copies, this actually amounts to loads as i forget to delete them, but periodically i have a clean out.

Providing the site is still functioning fine and there is no need to keep old copies, then delete them, do remember though, if you want to keep your order history but you delete from the actinic db then these might be your only records if your not using another package for your accounts and invoices.

D

Comment

I burn each months onto a CD or DVD and then only keep a local copy and mirrored hard-drive back up for about the past 30 days (with a copy on an encrypted flash drive - just in case)

I have needed to roll back 3 months due to an undetected error that could not be resolved.

With the cost of optical media there is no reason not to keep copies for as long as space in your filing cabinet allows.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i keep them until i need the disk space (either local or online storage) and/or periodically clear ancient ones.

Too many rather than too few given the cheapness of backup media

Comment

Working...
        X