Cross Promotion / Product Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Promotion / Product Association

I was wondering if there is a way of offering a product for sale as an option with another item.

e.g. We sell ballet items, just to say if we were to sell a ballet dress, we would normally reccommend they buy a tiara to go with it. as these items are under 2 differant headings on the website, is there any way to link the 2 items together as a add on sale without taking them away from the original item?

Please Help.

Use the marketing tab on a product and add some 'related products'. Make sure the related products facility is also switched on in the 'marketing' menu at the top. That does take you away from the master product to buy them though. You could add a component, however that does not really allow anyone to look at the product in any great depth. Related products will be best for you to use.

Comment

I've written an add-on that turns the Related Products on the product page into a popup that contains full product details and an Add to Cart button. The related product links contain an automatically created scaled down image to save page weight.

I did this last year to see if it could be done and had completely forgotten about it until I saw this post.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

And you have been hiding it for this long! FHS Norman! Details & Price please.

Comment

Lee,

I've just emailed you a copy to try out. Should work on any V8 after 851HFUA and all V9.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
            I've written an add-on that turns the Related Products on the product page into a popup that contains full product details and an Add to Cart button. The related product links contain an automatically created scaled down image to save page weight.
            Will that be on your website in the near future, Norman?
            Tracey

Comment

Tracey,

I'll wait for feedback from Lee and post it once he's happy with it. If you want to try a copy, email me.

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, can you email it across for me please, I have just had to change my email address settings. Many thanks to all that have helped

Comment

Cheers Norman, sounds great, it's the one bad thing about related and also boughts (especially related products), that there is no add to cart facility. This could well be the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jcbull
                    Hi, thanks for that, can you email it across for me please, I have just had to change my email address settings. Many thanks to all that have helped
                    It's not a freebie Jeremy, it involves a hell of a lot of work on Norman's part, you will need to pay. Your FREE options are the ones I provided earlier.

Comment

Its worth a try, lol.

How much am I looking at?

Comment

Most of his addons are incredibly reasonable at somewhere in between £35-75. You can see details on www.drillpine.biz of some others. To be honest if you need this kind of addon, Norman's prices are the last thing to ever put you off, they're the keenest around.

Comment

Thanks alot for your help with this.

Jeremy

Comment

Working...
                          X