Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order emails being delayed in v9

Hello.

This might be purely coincidental, or there may be an underlying sinister reasoning as to why this is happening.

Ever since we upgraded to v9, two weeks ago come tomorrow, I think - the 'Order No' emails are taking forever to be sent to our inbox.

Take this order this morning, for example. A customer accidentally purchased the same item twice after her internet connection went down while Protx was going through the transaction. Needless to say, Protx was fine - and she had bought and paid for two transactions. She e-mailed us straight away, hitting the 'Reply' button on the 'Order no. LLNNNL0000NNNN' email that she had received. Almost 6 hours later and we still haven't received the original 'Order No.' email generated by Actinic.

So, my question is - how is the customers email being generated and sent immediately, yet ours is taking forever. Another order this morning, the email was received along with the Protx email within minutes. A few days ago, it took from 10am til 1am the next morning for the Order No email to come through - the Protx emails arrive almost instantly.

I was under the influence that if it was a server issue, both ourselves and the customer would receive a delayed Order no. email?

This issue only began when we upgraded to v9, so at the moment, it's looking like v9 is the cause to me. (Still using v9.0, as the boss is away on holiday and didn't leave his snapshot for me to work on and upgrade to v9.1 )

If anyone has any answers, they will be most welcomed!

Thanks

When actinic sends out the emails it's just using a blind copy for your version. So if the original goes out nice and quickly then so should your one.

If they're arriving late then it sounds like it'sm probably a problem with your mail inbox. i.e. the mail is being sent out OK, it's just your incoming mail that being delayed.

There are a number of things you can do to test and see where the problem is:

- Place a test order and see how long the two emails take to arrive.
    - Send yourself an email from your PC and see how long it takes to arrive.
    - Send yourself a customer email via actinic and see how long it takes.

If the emails don't arrive at all then there's a more serious problem. Check your spam filter first.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hello.

Thanks for getting back to me.

The strange thing is, on another order received this afternoon, the Order No. email was received at approx 1.25, yet the Protx email wasnt received until 2.30. The e-mail side of things is controlled by Orange, if that makes a difference

I will look into the things you mentioned.

Cheers,
      Grant

Comment

Working...
      X