Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Levels not Updating in V9

Hi,

I've just noticed that the stock levels have not been changing following an order download.

I've checked over numerous products and it's the same for all. I've checked the obvious issues - they are all "stock monitored" and automatic stock monitoring is on.

I've tried compacting the database and switching these options off and on again to see whether that would kick it back into life.

This is extremely frustrating as my whole stock position is out and I'm going to have to do all stock control manually until it's sorted out

I'm going to install v9.0.1 to see if the problem goes away after that and I'll report back.
    http://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk
    Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

well, I can confirm that they're working for me in 9.0.1 so it's not a bug in the newest V9 release, at least.
    Tracey

Comment

Just upgraded to 9.0.1 and it's still not updating the stock levels. Clearly something's wrong with my setup.

Has anyone got any clues - as this is going to be a nightmare?
      Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

Comment

Got it updating stock levels again!

It started working again when I switched on the allocation of stock to PSP pending orders -

In Business Settings: Options: "Allocate stock for PSP pending orders"

Clearly not how it's supposed to work.

Is anyone working ok with the "Allocate stock for PSP pending orders" not enabled?

Now I've got to do a full stock take to get it back on track

Comment

I hadn't disabled it yet in V9 (have in 8.5.3 and all is fine) as my site isn't live yet but I'm just reuploading it with the setting disabled to test and confirm.

Will bbiab!
          Tracey

Comment

Yeah, I had it working fine in 8.5.2 and really preferred the feature.

I'm hoping this is a general bug rather than something wrong with my own database though.

Comment

Right, unticked "Allocate stock for PSP pending orders" and reuploaded.
              Placed a test order on site, downloaded it and all stock reduced as it should so, I'm afraid to say, working fine here.
              Not what you wanted to hear, I know.

Are you downloading the orders manually (ie, using the 'Retrieve Orders' button?)
              Do you use pre-auth for your payments?
              I'm just trying to throw out a few ideas as to what might be affecting the registering of stock depletion.
              Tracey

Comment

The only change has been the move to V9.

I download manually as I always have and have immediate payment used.

I'll have to take a close look at modifications to my scripts that I copied across as part of the move to V9 to make sure there's no obvious issues there.

Thanks for your help Tracey

Comment

no problem.
                  It was feasible it could have been a (new or not) setting somewhere where Actinic 'assumes' what we want to do or a configuration of settings that hadn't been tested in beta testing.
                  Hard to say though, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
                  Tracey

Comment

Hi Tickle,

I have the exact same problem, I am using secure trading, which psp are you using.

Ian

Comment

Actually it is probably nothing to do with the psp as I just noticed the order through paypal did not update the stock levels either.

Comment

I can't see it being connected with the PSP - I use Protx and Paypal.

Try switching on the option to allow pending stock to be counted - that's letting it update for me in the meantime.

I've checked through my few script changes (e.g. cart summary) during the migration to V9 and they're all fine.

Comment

Try switching on the option to allow pending stock to be counted - that's letting it update for me in the meantime
                          I have done that now and it is working, I do not think it will be down to your script changes as I have only changed the orderscript and it is doing it on mine, more likely a bug that slipped through beta.

Comment

bug perhaps, but it's clearly not affecting everyone so some investigation is needed to find out why, I would say.
                            Tracey

Comment

Hi,

As Tracey says, it's obviously not affecting everyone so could I ask you to raise this with support as we will probably need to get snapshots to investigate further (web form here).
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X