Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow collecting files / reviewing files

hello please can i have some advise.

been using 8.5 and thought i would change to 9.01. imported the snapshoot with no errors.

started to refresh the website.

check and send files
    generating marketing list
    checking html pages
    checking search indices
    collecting files almost 24hrs and still waiting

the green bar is only half way. when i check the task manager it shows actinic as not responding. but then it moves up one.

i have compacted the data base before trying to upload.

the pc is running xp pro sevice 2 pentium 2.8 ram 2gig

any ideas to speed this up would be great

thanks

almost 24hrs

i gave up and installed another snap shot. this is doing the same problem

Comment

Michael, your situation is more in need of a fix than a speed improvement, it sounds like there is something fundamentally wrong with the database. I would suggest registering a problem with actinic as it looks like it will need further intervention that just your basic housekeeping. Does it all work OK in 8.5, if so leave it on that for the time being and have V9 just on test mode.

Comment

24 hours on a machine of that spec is a worrying amount of time ... especially at the point in which it has apparently failed. Do you have an older snapshot you can roll back to try an upload to a test area?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Problem solved, no idea why this caused or how its causing it the site1 file was on our terastation.

just placed it back on to the local machine and all is working find.

Comment

I take it the offline preview worked when the images were off the local machine?

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

yes all looked correct. just the upload bit was the problem, added images and products no problem.

be nice to no if any one else has had the same problem

Comment

I had the same result over the weekend with all my sites being updated

I just gave up and hit the Ctr Alt Del and then restarted, it then continued to load ok , I then made snapshots of each site in 9.1 and all ok

Then had a different problem with two sites but not thought to be related to transfer

We also have terastation and I am finding it takes 15-20 seconds from clicking on the terastation in explored before it opens the folder, but after that its ok till the next time

dont really want to go back to having the site folders on the c:drive but wonder if this is related to tera and also my problem with synchronization of server on one site
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris,

Try mapping a drive letter to the NAS share and use that instead of a \\server\share type path.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Morning Norman

Could you give an idiots guide please as total dummy on Network
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...tworkdrive.htm
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks Norman, I will give it a go
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                        X