Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Field

Hi,

I’m looking to be able to add a Comments Field against my products so when customers place an order they can put in there requirements.

I know this can be done but not sure what terminology I should be searching under in the help. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Called 'Prompts' Darren, available at product level. Norman has a multi-prompt plugin if you need more than one.

Comment

Hi,

Do you know why the prompts field would be greyed out?

Comment

They're not as standard, are you talking about the date fields below? The prompts fields above should be available to type into unless you are on a duplicate possibly?.

Comment

Hi,

Yes the product was a duplicate.

I can see that it works on a non duplicated product.

All I want is a box where customers can type in additional requirements. Nothing ever seems straight forward :-(

Comment

Your duplicates will show the same as the master product. If you are not happy with that then you can change the settings duplicates are allowed to change. It's like most things, it's straightforward when you know how, stick with it.

Comment

I see it just gives you a basic one line field to enter the data into.

Dont think that would be pratical for a customer.

I suppose im going to have to make that box larger...

Hmm, dont see an option to specify the size.

Comment

You'll probably need to convert to a text area then i expect.

Comment

Hi,

Its made the box bigger but only the length.

I was hoping for something like a 250 by 250 box rather than a one line box.

Thanks

Comment

That'll be the text area i mentioned, where you specify the number of rows to display. You need to be careful on how long, from memory this field has a size limit. Any idea on character count you will be using it for?

Comment

probably a max of 250 characters anymore than that then the customer will have to use the contact form.

Ta

Comment

Sorry for being thick, but where do i go to make that text change?

Sorry but im not a developer.

Thanks

Comment

I'ts either in the Advanced Guide, the knowledge base or here (listed in best order to check). Searching for textarea should find it. If searching the Community, use the search in the blue menu bar. The Google one doesn't seem to like searching for HTML taglets.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

I have done a search in the knowledge base with no success.

Serached a few posts but found no answers on Textarea

Comment

If you follow my first suggestion, you'll get it at the first hit.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X