Condition Question re: deleting information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condition Question re: deleting information

I have a bit of code on the site which allows me to have Sale prices listed i.e. was £34 now £15. I've done this by having a condition that when anything is in variable field PreSalePrice then the pre-sale price is shown.

http://www.musthave.co.uk/acatalog/B...ifts_Kits.html

This works fine but we're doing some major hierachical uploads and want to remove the Sale price from the site. We've tried leaving the spreadsheet cell blank but obviously it fails to overwrite the sale price with nothing which I believe is the norm.

Is there a way of getting round this? I wondered if by changing the condition it might be possible for us to enter something into the spreadsheet field which triggers a blank or deleted result?

I just have the following in my block/condition at the moment:

(<actinic:variable name="PreSalePrice" /> !="")

Thanks in advance ...

Amy

PS I'm not a developer, just a designer ...

musthave : the natural skincare store
    http://www.musthave.co.uk

Hi,

If I've understood you correctly, could you just comment out the code in the layout to stop it from appearing and then uncomment it when you are ready to put it back in?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I guess I didn't explain properly ... (I'm good at that) ... The code needs to be there until we need it for a reduced item. However, some items on occasion come out of the sale and need to go up to their normal price.

I can remove the PreSalePrice from the field within Actinic which takes away the "was £** NOW £**". However I wondered whether it was possible to do this from a Hierachical upload. By having nothing in the relevant spreadsheet field, the PreSalePrice remains there.

Ideally we would like to put 'something' into the field to, in effect, delete the content of this field in Actinic. I thought maybe I could set up a value which when the field is equal to, shows nothing.

If it's not possible, it's not the end of the world, I'll just go in and manually delete all the sale prices. :-)

Thanks for replying.

Kind regards,

Amy
      musthave : the natural skincare store

Comment

Import '0' into the field on those you wish to overwrite and then within your condition, check if the value is '0', if it is, then show nothing, if it isn't then show the field. This gives you the option to leave the function in place, but also easily switch it off where not needed. Always take this approach, especially if you fill in choices on a variable, always have a 'none' option, you have an easy way of not showing things then.

Comment

Working...
        X