Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic API

Does actinic have an API?

I've been thinking about the mole end products and things like Actinet...

How are they accessing the information? Do they take it from the access database, is there alot of programming involved?

i'm basically looking for thee functionality of things like, [order received, print invoice] or [order recieved, create snapshot]

better still, could i complete orders remotely, e.g. through a web interface, self created obviously. and no, VNC, VPN, hamachi or RDP isn't really what i'm after.

any thoughts?
    http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Does actinic have an API?

I've been thinking about the mole end products and things like Actinet...
    TBH why re-invent the wheel? you could buy these products for much less than reprogramming them yourself.

But in answer to your Q - no there is no API

Comment

v9 allows for the easier creation of offline orders and the others as you point out have already been done and available as stand alone modules.

If you want to go the free route "all" you need to do is connect to the ActinicCatalog.mdb and run your queries as needed.. something like Microsoft Studio Express (free) could be a good starting point.

To be honest if you are asking how to do it then it is going to be an almost impossible task to undertake especially on manipulating the orders which are a minefield or tables and queries.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Matthew,
        As Jo mentioned there is no API. Actinic plugin developers have to reverse engineer their applications to work with the Access database and the Windows OS. This takes time.
        i'm basically looking for thee functionality of things like, [order received, print invoice] or [order recieved, create snapshot]
        Most of what you are asking for has already been created by either Mole End or Gabriel with Actinet. You won't go far wrong with these and compared to the cost/time of developing this yourself it wouldn't make commercial sense to waste this time when there are support solutions already out there.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
        X