Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Actinic's allegiance with Paypal Payments Pro

Hello.

Finally signed up with Paypal Payments Pro, but hate the way the checkout procedure has major biases towards making the payment with Paypal - for obvious reasons, I'd prefer the 'default' to be Protx (in other words, the checkout procedure to be biased towards Protx).

At present the Paypal logo is plastered everywhere, almost to the stage where I'd expect arrows to be pointing to it, too.

This is how I'd like it to show, similar to the way I had it with Website Payments (standard) with a drop down list, with Protx selected as default, the user could then click the list if they really wanted to pay via paypal, once they clicked Checkout this fired across to Paypal. As Paypal Pro is 'integrated', I'd have to do the same idea but the page move to a new page, presumably Checkout Page 4 - where the user would then enter their payment details.

Could this be easily achieved? Does anybody else accept Paypal Pro and Protx?

Thanks

(Using v9 - v8 integration is slightly different so I posted this in the v9 General - feel free to move this to Payments if need be)

At present the Paypal logo is plastered everywhere
    Thats part of the deal when using PPP - look at some other sites that use it ie non actinic and you will see that its the same

Comment

Hey Mal.

When I first spoke to Paypal about integrating PPP, I was informed that as long as the Paypal logo was displayed at the checkout page prior to entering the credit card details (I confirmed with them that it was only the CC details, not beforehand for personal contact details) - Paypal said this was fine.

I'd prefer it so that at the final checkout page, a drop down list is displayed, if the user selects Paypal, they go on to the next (integrated) page, which is where Paypal would become dominant.

Paypal agreed that as long as the Paypal logo appears on the final checkout page, they were happy - I did not need to plaster the logo at every given opportunity.

Has this now changed, or was I wrongly informed? I only signed up less than 2 weeks ago

Comment

I cannot see PPP live on your site so I dont really know what you mean by plastered everywhere - when installed ppp shows where its meant to show in actinic. I suspect you cannot have it in a drop down as its a completely separate checkout.

Comment

Hey Mal.

The reason you wouldn't have found PPP on our site is because I've removed it for breaching public aesthetic laws

The blistering Paypal logo appears on the following pages:

Shopping Cart
          Checkout Page 1
          Checkout Page 2
          Checkout Page 3

I'm thinking of drawing up some form of javascript for a drop down menu, so that if Paypal is selected in the menu, it automatically displays the fields for CC details instead of outright displaying them.

Does anybody else have PPP on their sites?

Cheers

Comment

The blistering Paypal logo appears on the following pages:

Shopping Cart
            Checkout Page 1
            Checkout Page 2
            Checkout Page 3
            Sounds correct to me - I dont use it but it looks like that on most ppp sites ive seen.

Did you not have a look at some ppp sites before you signed up even DABS has it this way

Comment

Working...
            X