Gripes with v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gripes with v9

Ever the optimist, despite my problems with the layout transfer for nearly all my sites (I have 12 using the same basic layout – see thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=227536), I thought I would try and upgrade our business site which uses a different template and the offline mail order side of our businesses.

I do like the new look for entering a MOTO, but looks aren’t everything…

For mail order transactions why do we have to enter an email address or even a phone number. If someone send me a cheque they may not give either and certainly if someone pays over the phone they rarely have an e-mail address – both of these should be optional for a MOTO.

I note that my previous issue with using customer accounts has not been addressed from the Beta see thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=219286 which I find very disappointing.

Will keep exploring, but looks like I will be sticking with v8 for now.

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Hi James
    For mail order transactions why do we have to enter an email address or even a phone number. If someone send me a cheque they may not give either and certainly if someone pays over the phone they rarely have an e-mail address – both of these should be optional for a MOTO.
    We'll be making the email address not required in a future version, but wouldn't you say it's always vital to get a phone number whenever you take an order. Otherwise, how do you contact the customer?

Comment

I would normally say yes, but when we get some orders by post customers do not fill this in. I can cope with putting a space in the phone number box as these are few and far between, but the optional email will be a great - any idea when that will be changed.

Also any hope of amendment for the customer account issue - especially sorting numerically/alphabetically.

James
      www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
      www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

any idea when that will be changed.
        Difficult to say. It won't be in the next maintenance release, but it should be in the one after that.

Also any hope of amendment for the customer account issue - especially sorting numerically/alphabetically.
        This is about sorting on the 'Short Name' isn't it. It's tricky to say as you're the only customer I have come across so far who uses lots of addresses for a single account in this way. I'll have another word with the team and see if I can get it prioritised for you.

Comment

I agree with James that phone numbers and email addresses both have to be optional for moto transactions.

Sales can come from all kinds of avenues. Mail, ebay, amazon,etc where we have no control over what information we're given. We shouldn't have to make up information to work around misconceptions on behalf of the developers.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

James,

For a temporary fix why not edit the MOTO Imvoice Email layout and replace
            Code:
                  <input type="text" name="INVOICEEMAIL" size="30" maxlength="255"/>
            with
            Code:
                  <input type="text" name="INVOICEEMAIL" size="30" maxlength="255" value="dummy@dummy.com"/>
            Or put in your own email address above.

You could do a similar thing with the MOTO Invoice phone where adding value=" " would work.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X