Paypal payments not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal payments not working

Hi, I have just downloaded the v8.5.3 patch and have tried to use PayPal standard (not pro) as the PSP. However, it is not configurable in the same way as other PSP configurations (doesn't have a password field etc) and when trying to buy something off the site (www.lechicgoody.com) it displays the following message when going to the Paypal site to pay.

"The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details." with a return to merchant button as the only option available.

I have not got SSL checked and cannot really configure the PayPal payments option in Payment and Security. I have not used Actinic before so still learning.

Thanks

doesn't have a password field etc
    You dont need one - just put your email in the merchant ID box

Comment

thanks - I have done that but cannot get through to final stage of payment on PayPal website as it always displays the following message when going to the Paypal site to pay.

"The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details." with a return to merchant button as the only option available.

Comment

Put "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only" into the Search (use the one in the blue menu bar above - not the Google one) on this forum.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          Put "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only" into the Search (use the one in the blue menu bar above - not the Google one) on this forum.
          Thanks for that - those posts seem to make sense. Will try adjusting paypal account settings.

Comment

Working...
          X