• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragments | Columns | Catalog...Help!?

Hi on our caltalog page :www.classixshop.com

we have 3 promo sections at the top of the page:

TUK Shoes, Jist Clothing & Madfish Shoes

within these sections are duplicate products from deeper sub-sections within the site.

I've played around with fragments but couldn't get the disired look i wanted.

Basically with having these duplicate product makes it hard to manage the site when a size or line needs to come offline, it needs to be done twice.

Is it possible to have 3 fragments replace their position on the catalog page?
    How do i get these fragments to appear along side one another and not just one under the other. If i can accomplish this then there is no need for the duplicate product sections and i can just link the fragments to their desired destination within the site.

Any help appreicated Cheers FrAz
    Cheers FrAz

You need to use a mix of 'fragment column count' and a customised fragment list layout. Play with the column count first, see if that does what you need. You will probably need to create a custom fragment layout to display the items too. Use the link tab on the fragment.

Comment

I have set my Fragment - Column Count For Brochure Pages to 3 each fragment is using this code for layout:
      HTML Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FragmentAnchor%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
      <a name="<actinic:variable name="FragmentAnchor" />"></a>
      </actinic:block>
      <table>
      <tr colspan="3">
      <td>
      <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">
         <tr>
            <td valign="top" align="center">
      			<b><actinic:variable formatting="font(Size|12|Color|b8b01b)" name="FragmentTitle" /></b>         
            </td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td align="left" valign="top" align="center">
      			<actinic:variable name="FragmentImage" />
           </td>
         </tr>
      </table>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      but the fragments still appear one underneath the other!?

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Cheers FrAz
      Cheers FrAz

Comment

Apart from using hideous code, i'm not really sure what is wrong, but if it is not working, then you have certainly got something wrong.

Use this as the layout for starters:

Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FragmentAnchor%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
        <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
        <tr>
        <strong><actinic:variable formatting="font(Size|12|Color|b8b01b)" name="FragmentTitle" /></strong>
        </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
        </td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        You need to get rid of that inline styling too on the variable, stop taking the 'bodge it and leg it' approach and learn to do things properly or not at all.

Comment

Well i am readin thru past forum posts on this matter and seeing what their approach to similar problems

FrAz
          Cheers FrAz

Comment

Well i've tried using that code you gave for the layout and hasn't made any change in appearance @ all!?

FrAz
            Cheers FrAz

Comment

I was correcting your badly coded layout, not saying it was the solution to your woes. If you have set column count to 3 on the page and you have multiple fragments on the page and they do not show next to each other AND you haven't done anything silly regarding widths in the actual fragments, then my next port of call would be the fragment list layout, if you have messed with it, then revert it back to standard, if you haven't messed with it, then still revert it.

Where you see width="100%" on the layout code I provided, change this to be a specific width and see what that does. You must have something fundamentally wrong as I do this regularly with no problems. I'd guess your colspans are all over the place, but i have no real idea without some screenshots.

Comment

Yeh sorry, i've not used fragments that much, as they they couldn't be moved above sections in v7, but when i heard they could be put almost anywhere within v8. I wanted to change my duplicate sections into fragments, so they can be removed from the site.

Ok : Here's a screenshot of my fragment settings in Site Settings

The - Image & Title Fragment 3 Columns, uses the code you posted for me

HTML Code:
                <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
                <tr>
                <strong><actinic:variable formatting="font(Size|12|Color|b8b01b)" name="FragmentTitle" /></strong>
                </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                </td>
                </tr>
                </table>
                I've also attached a picture of my Fragment List Settings

FrAz
                Attached Files
                Cheers FrAz

Comment

Need to see the other tab on the list layout settings, but before you do that, check the fragment column count on the settings of the page itself. Don't take for granted that as its set in site options, that is the whole site setup, you may have overidden this on the actual brochure page itself.

Comment

OK: Here's i snapshot for the other tab and i've also attached and the other settings for the variable of the fragment column count. Is that enough information? FrAz
                    Attached Files
                    Cheers FrAz

Comment

Hiya, you've misunderstood, the other tab on the list layout settings is what i'm after as that holds the key to it all, not the variable in the library. Did you also check the setting on the home brochure page as mentioned?

Comment

OK you added it in after to make me look dumb (i can do that thanks very much).

Setting on the home page is next thing to confirm, it looks like the list layout is set correctly. Image sizes in fragments and the size change i mentioned also, make sure you do all that has been written.

On the second tab of the list layout settings, try adding a width="33%" onto the <td>, see what that does, although i don't expect this is the issue to be honest.

Comment

Is it live? if so where?

Comment

www.classixshop.com
                            Cheers FrAz

Comment

I only see </td> in the settings and there's 3 of them?

I've attatched a snapshot of the design tree to show you what's going on there, maybe of some use.

How come the fragment layout is linked to Bare Product List?

FrAz
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers FrAz

Comment

Working...
                              X