Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information Layout

Hi

I'm using extended information to display the detail for my products and I have it opening in the same window. What I would like is to have the same outer layout with the bar at the top and left and with my extended information in the main section of the window.

I've found some threads about adding a back button to the extended information screen, but is there a way to quickly utilise the same layout as the rest of the site, but without building it from scratch?

Cheers
    Paul

Detailed in the AUG I believe. You may need to look in the V8 one, it will be the same process. Creating a listing page - methods 1 & 2, it is called something like that from memory.

Comment

Solution: Full Page Extended Info Layout

Copy a Layout, eg: Design|Library|Layouts|Extended Layouts|Name and Info Text Displayed Right of Image
      Copy the contents of it to Notepad.
      Close the layout and Rename it something useful.
      Open your normal catalogue page
      Copy the WHOLE of it to your clipboard.
      Reopen your new layout you created above.
      Replace ALL the contents from your clipboard.
      Get the code you saved in notepad and copy it to your clipboard.
      Find 'INNERLAYOUT' in your new layout and replace it with the code from your notepad.
      Save it.
      Go To: Settings|Site Options|Extended Information|Extended Info Page Design
      Use the Dropdown to add your New Layout.
      Click OK
      Now you can hack around with the new layout to suit yourself.
      Job Done!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
        Copy a Layout, eg: Design|Library|Layouts|Extended Layouts|Name and Info Text Displayed Right of Image
        Copy the contents of it to Notepad.
        Close the layout and Rename it something useful.
        A safer solution is to copy the existing layout.... create a new layout and base it on "none" and then copy the code into your new layout. This overcomes a bug in Actinic.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jonty, you are right.
          (Although I hadn't realised that there was a bug).
          In fact, looking back at my notes, your method is what I do.
          I was responding last night of the top of my head and should have checked.
          Again Thanks.

Comment

Hi All
            Thankyou for your responses. I have found the AUG and followed the instructions in there and I have success. Thanks very much for the pointer.
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X