Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Other Info Question' not showing as a field

Hi,

I use the 'Other Info Question' in the 'Prompts' tab for a few of my products. Mostly I ask for courier instructions or for some products I ask for personalisation detals such as the name to go on the dog's collar.

But I seem to have a bit of a problem. Sometimes I don't receive the automatic invoice copy. When that happens I go into the order, go to Mail and make a new invoice using the 'Order Received Email' layout. Here is the problem. No where on that invoice email does it show the details of what was entered into the 'Prompt' box by the customer. In fact I can't seem to find that info anywhere. So they may have said their dog's name was 'Fred' but how do I know that? Why does that info appear on the automatic invoice but not when I have to manually make an invoice?

I hope someone can help me because at the moment I am having to email the customer back to ask them... which is not great.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can opt to right click on the order in question and select 'Invoice' from the list and click on print to get a copy of the original invoice or click on preview to see the invoice and the value against the info prompt. This would appear below the product details.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
    Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
    One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
    Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

That is great. I tried that and it works. I did 'reprint standard invoice report'. It has the 'Prompt' info on there. Thank you.

Any idea why it does not show when I send a manual 'Mail'?

Comment

Hi

I also have a problem with the 'other info question' box - currently using V7, but have also tried with V9 and have the same issue (so must be doing something wrong!).

We use the 'other info question' box on a couple of products to get customer details ie a personalisation on jewellery or a message on our gift wrap. If the box is on the product page (using SPP) or the section pages and the customer fills it in and then goes to the basket, the box shows as empty in the basket. If you refill it in the basket the information stays with the order.

As a work round we've had to remove the question from the product and add a large note for the customer to fill the details in the basket but this isn't really ideal...

Can anyone shed any light?!!! Thanks!
        ActiveStock
        On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
        **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
        Free 30 Day Trial
        ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi,

A URL to the site with the problem will help us tell you what you can do.

Regards,
          Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
          Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
          One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
          Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Hi Bruce

It seems to be working in V9 test site now, although I still can't get it right in V7 (7.0.7.0.0.0) even though the products/ layouts are the same in both.....

Not sure what the difference is - but will post it if I work it out!

Many thanks

Richard
            ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
            Free 30 Day Trial
            ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Hi Richard,

What is your 'shopping mode' set to and what is your 'Bounce Page Delay' set to (Design | Options | Shop Defaults in v7)?
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

In general the shopping mode is 'Quantity on product page' and bounce is set at '0'.

But as this wasn't working, for our work-round we've had to change the shopping mode on the specific products that we want the info question to 'quantity in shopping cart' - so the info question appears in the basket rather than on the product page. This works but is not ideal...
                ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
                Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

I think the problem is the bounce page delay being set at '0'. If you change it to '1' does it solve the problem?
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X