Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Flat Files

Hi All

We are experiencing a problem importing 'Flat Files' into V9.01. We have a csv file to import products into Actinic using the same field names as the Actinic database uses. We have found that if we have more than 17 records, on import from record 18 on wards the error file reports expected 58 fields received 57. We checked the file and could find no error from record 18 on wards (total number of records 738)

If we then remove the first 17 records and reload the file it will load the next 17 records with the same warning.

It takes a long time to load a file doing it this way, any ideas please

Regards
    Knightrideruk

Out of the darkness comes light........
    www.cheapelectricals.co.uk

Hi John
    I am about to do exactly the same exercise with about 60 records this afternoon, I'l let you know how I get on.
    Cheers

Comment

Hi,

You will need to change the order of the columns so that the last column ALWAYS has data in it OR add a new column - call it Filler and populate that column in every row with 0 [zero]. This is an issue in Excel as it does not populate the value of the last field on a line if it is blank.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
      Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
      One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
      Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Importing Flat Files

Hi Bruce

Thanks for your reply, I will give it a go however if this is the case why does it load the first 17 lines. The data in all the record fields are exactly the same format and yes the last field is blank but that is the same for all records.

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards
        Knightrideruk

Out of the darkness comes light........
        www.cheapelectricals.co.uk

Comment

The usual reason for that error is down to the Excel bug and it has been documented on the forum quite well.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
          Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
          One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
          Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Working...
          X