Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brochure page problem

hi,having a few problems with my brochure pages in v9
    I wanted to use different brochure page layouts as i have some text relevant on some brochure pages but no all.
    My understanding is i can create new brochure page layouts for each page.

If a click on a brochure page in the tree/ layout tab/ brochure/ brochure page layout/ new
    base it on a default page i should be able to see some changes.

At present nothing changes, even if i change to a total random layout.

Any ideas or is this not how it works?
    thanks
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

You need to make the copies in the Library... open the library, layouts tab, web page outer layout .. you will see the Brochure pages there. Open the one you want to base it on and copy the code... close and right click "new layout" ... enter a name and base it on (none) ... this overcomes a bug in Actinic .. open the new layout and paste you code... you can then modify to suit the changes.

Double click on BrochureLayout (in the same section) .. click on the values tab and ensure the new layout is on the right hand side (it usually is but best to check)

You can then create a new brochure page and select the layout from the drop down option box.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne
      I wanted to use different brochure page layouts as i have some text relevant on some brochure pages but no all.
      If it is just some text that changes on each you may be better keeping the one brochure layout (lowers the amount of maintenance in the future) and introducing text via a variable.

In the library switch to the variable tab. Right click over the "brochure" group and select "new variable" .. give it a name and fill out the prompts and set the place of setting to "brochure".

Against each brochure page you can then set the text you need.

The above depends on exactly what you want to achieve and have a standalone layout for each brochure page as per my first post may be more appropriate.

Bikster

Comment

hi, the variable looks best for what i need.
        Nice to know about the brochure page way to do things though!
        Thanks for all the help
        wes
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

With Actinic there is usually more than one way to get the same result - it is always worth thinking months / years ahead to ensure you are not heading down a blind alley.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
          X