Optional line in component detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optional line in component detail

Sorry if this is a basic question but if I'm having a few issues with listing options in the component details.

Site can be seen here
    http://www.rspboptics.com/acatalog/s...eyepieces.html

The drop down box showing the available product variants is set to display "please choose" as default but if a selection isn't made and the customer adds to basket its shows the product in the cart but with out the detail of which item and without the associated price.

Sure this is a simple fix but I can't find any details for it.

Many thanks

Hi Tim,

Do you have a price set in the main product? If not then, that's why a price isn't showing as this option isn't associated to any other product.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey
      No price is set on the main product as I'm just using it as a group to show the individual product derivatives which show as permutations with their assosiated price.

I'd like to have the drop down menu that I use on some products to show "please choose" or something like that which untill a product is selected the add to cart will not function. Rather than the customer just ordering what ever model product is shown by default rather than selecting which one they want.

I could change to using radio boxes so the options are more evident but on some there are so many options it can start to look silly.

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

I think you need to apply the workaround in post #9 of this thread to get what you want. Make sure that the component isn't set to be 'optional'.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

That looks like what I'm after, I'll give it a go, many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X