Local stockists search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local stockists search

I'd like to add a section where visitors to my site can search for the nearest stockist of our product. Does any one know of anything available or some way of doing this.

Could be by postcode or overview of a map, any ideas on how I might go about it would be much appreciated.

There are varying solutions available, what are you looking to pay? You could do a free listing by 'county', with each county linking to a page with all companies in that county listed. Whereas you could have a paid up version where they input their postcode and are told the nearest.

Comment

If I can find the right thing then happy to pay. Any more details of the post code lookup type? and maybe the costs involved?

Comment

Google Maps API could be used and is a free resource.

It depends on how many outlets you have. If you have a relatively small amount you could add these in via sections and fragments.. even using am image map of say the UK and counties to link through to the county (section) and then subdivide by town / city.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I contacted Norman at drillpine.biz to do one i needed, not sure what his workload is like at the moment, but might be worth contacting him, explaining what you want to do and he will let you know a price and whether he can do it. What he did for me was excellent and i can highly recommend his work.

Comment

Be careful you do not fall foul of European Law too, as they do not like the 'use this stockist' approach.

Comment

Working...
            X