Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Cost Price' relevance

Hi Guys,

I can't seem to find the point of this 'cost price' field on the 'Product' 'General' tab. Does this give you a gross profit or something on one of the reports?

Thanks

We did get confirmation from Chris D some time ago that it would be exposed as a user variable for use in Actinic design though I don't think this has happened yet.

The cost price is included with the order detail so it should be possible to add this value into reports but you will need Crystal Reports to do this.

Comment

I think the intention for this is:

a) For 'profitability' type reports. Either future actinic reports, or your own custom one, or potentially one of Jan's Mole End reports.

b) for other use, such as for a 'RRP' field once it you can access the variable in the design.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

hi, the actinic in built help file states
        This isn't used on the website, but it is used in the reports to calculate profits.
        I can not locate a report that shows the cost price/profit.
        Can actinic comment on this please.

i would like my reports to include the cost price information for sales.
        Can anyone amend this file as I do not have crystal reports, what would a fair price be.
        Kind Regards
        Wesley
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

This report is available in our profit and pricing tool - which will be available for V9 in a couple of weeks time.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ok, will look into that then!
            Be nice if Actinic included a report for something they have an input box for.
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

To make an integral field so useless was such a mistake, Stevie Wonder must have been overseeing that decision, I can't believe how short sighted it was. Just one real time user or designer in a testing team would have spotted that ridiculous decision. But from it we might end up with a very useful field if it is opened up, available and given a universal name. I can see many RRP users just chomping for something like this. 4/1 says it is missed off the flat file capability when it is finally opened up though.

Comment

Hi all

The next maintenance release of Actinic will feature two new variables to use online:
                ProductCostPriceFormatted - which will display the cost price with all currency symbols etc.
                ProductCostPriceRaw - the unformatted price for use in calculations etc.

Hopefully these two will start to mean the cost price field is rather more useful than it is currently as it will basically work as a second price field.

(Cost Price is already in the flat file import btw, so you may want to shorten those odds)

Comment

Excellent news, I think the name is a mistake, should be generic as people will want to use this for a variety of reasons, apart from that, great. Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                    the name is a mistake, should be generic as people will want to use this for a variety of reasons
                    Aye - I expect more would use it as a RRP field than a cost for reporting field. Actinic is for selling not for accounting and should focus on that aspect as most site owners will use 3rd party accounting packages that are designed to do the job.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ChrisD - how about providing an inbuilt layout that calculates selling-cost (or rrp-selling) as part of the next release? That would allow users to quickly add a "you save" into a product layout. This would be most welcomed by all.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Will these two variables be exposed to the Design?

Comment

good news, lets hope the next update is soon!
                          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Will these two variables be exposed to the Design?
                            Yes - they are both standard design variables.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Slight side track... Will there be any new price variables that work properly for components and price schedules so we can automatically price components without having to put the price in the HTML field?

Comment

Working...
                              X