X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

penalised by google

Hi

I am told i am being penalised by Google possibly beacuse of below text

Find Your Costume. Womens Costumes · Mens Costumes · Girls Costumes · Boys Costumes · Novelty Costumes · Halloween Costumes · Christmas Costumes ...
    at

http://www.google.com:80/search?q=si...n&start=0&sa=N

is this generated by Actinic or can i manually change it?

thanks

paul

That is the description text as entered against each section - each section should be unique - check you have not just set at the top level and have the use parent settings to populate every other section beneath

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You have two sets of keywords and description metas in your pages. Correct that and also don't overdo the keywords. There are 91 occurrances of the word 'costiume' on a page that I looked at - which although relevant to your site is probably over the top.

Note that you also have an incorrect reference to a stylesheet:
      <link href="images|/Documents and Settings/Sarah/Desktop/daydreamers_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Comment

Hi Jont is that in the section detaikls layout tab?

Paul

Comment

Hi Jont

i think we use a style sheet as our parent setting so cannot change it i diont think at the top? or can i.

Paul

Comment

Hi Jont

I have looked at the parent layout at the top section and we use one created by our web designer as it is a bespoke design for the look of the shop, my descriptions are unique in each section, ie mens general costumes-mens 50s costumes etc.

Any ideas?

Paul

Comment

you need to be lookingat <TITLE> tags as these are not unique, they are on a different tab, take a look around to find "Page Title" i think itsthe 2nd tab on section detail - i'm not at an actinic pc right now)

as for the description - google is creating its own description from what it finds on the page - you will need to get your css reorganised on the page so the nav is on the page below the text- ask your webdesigner to do this - this way the body text will be read before the nav andunique descriptions generated

Comment

Working...
              X