can I use hsbc as a psp for euros as well as for £sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I use hsbc as a psp for euros as well as for £sterling

I want to be able to accept euros on our website as well as £sterling and HSBC have sent me the relevant details to add euro processing to my site.
    In business settings - payment and security, you can add a 2nd line for another PSP, but it won't let you re-use HSBC. Can you offer any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Sarah
    www.wheelsonheels.co.uk
    Sarah

I've not heated of anyone doing it the way you describe before. The usual way is to add euros as a currency in business settings and set the conversion rate so payments are taken in pounds

Comment

not sure about this, but i know you need to get your credit card processor to accept other currencies 1st, never did see the point though stick with GBP and the conversion rate at the time, add tis to your site, i think norman at drill pine had something for this

D

Comment

Actinic only allows one instance of each PSP.. The cart is also only geared up for one currency. Norman's NorPrice will allow your customer to select a currency and also show it in the cart but the actual sale is still done in the Actinic base currency.

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
          I can see how to add the 'also display prices in Euros' button, and it doesn't matter if the prices are only shown in £ or both £ and euros but as the HSBC have asked me to add EUR to the end of my merchant number and sent me new CPI hash key numbers, do I not need to add these seperate details to my site. Should I have 2 merchant details, although both with the same bank.
          If i only change the show prices in euros part, will my existing merchant number (none euro) be able to accept euro payments or if I change the merchant number to the euro one, will it accept normal £ payments and still continue to check the address.
          Thanks in advance
          Sarah
          www.wheelsonheels.co.uk
          Sarah

Comment

As posted earlier actinic will convert the eu price to gbp based on the conversion rateypu enter. The price will be passed to hsbc as Gbp using your original hsbc merchant account. You do not need an hsbc eu merchant account

Comment

Accepting Euro payments - address check?

I have just come back to sorting this. I have in the meantime accepted a few foreign payments, but an address check isn't done, as it has been processed through HSBC's GBP payments section. Euros show on my website and the order goes into the 'Pending Service Payment Provider' section, so I have used discretion to accept the payment or not.
              How can a get an address check done? Should I use the EUR instead of the GBP hsbc account merchant number and if so will normal uk payments go through correctly?
              Can anyone offer any advice please.
              Thanks
              Sarah
              www.wheelsonheels.co.uk
              Sarah

Comment

I dont get address verification on eu payments, it is one of those things, not all countries use the same verification methods some do some dont

Comment

OK. I just presumed that all addresses were checked like UK payments are. So does that mean that everyone accepts eu payments without any form of checking the address - ie. just balance ok and cvc ok
                  Sarah

Comment

Working...
                  X