Refreshing site with large DD products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshing site with large DD products

Just wondering whether it is essential to "refresh" your site after upgrading from 8.5.0 to the latest version of 8.

Problem is that although some at Actrinic think that all your DD files won't be uploaded again with a "refresh" (even with "ignore already uploaded DDfiles" ticked - it ALWAYS does! Trouble is this takes our site off for a long time with over 4 gigs of files to upload.

Is there a way around this?

Also have there been any improvements to the DD process - 1 in 10 orders we process, the DD file Actinic decides to link the customer to is the wrong one. As in a completely random different product...

Many thanks for any info on this.
    Jonny
    YoPo Music - the UK non-MCPS buyout production music library.
    www.yopo.co.uk

Just wondering whether it is essential to "refresh" your site after upgrading from 8.5.0 to the latest version of 8
    I'm afraid that it is because of changes that may have been made to the scripts.

your DD files won't be uploaded again with a "refresh" (even with "ignore already uploaded DDfiles" ticked - it ALWAYS does!
    Are you saying that this only happens after an upgrade or it happens even when you refresh the site normally. I can't recreate the problem so I think we would need to see your snapshot (including the DD files) to test it.

1 in 10 orders we process, the DD file Actinic decides to link the customer to is the wrong one.
    For this I would suggest clearing out the DD folder (within the 'acatalog' folder) on the server and refreshing the site.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X