Editing Invoice Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Invoice Layout

Does anybody know what the filename is to edit the invoice.rpt in actinic is called - theres invoices.rpt in the actinic directory under program files, but it isnt the correct one.

On version 8 it had been edited, and prints out with those mods - but not on the above and no idea where it is. Also looked on design view and not there either.

Any ideas?
    http://www.movie-stuff.co.uk
    http://www.zonzab.co.uk

When you upgrade Actinic in its wisdom resets a lot of the files back to factory default - which on the whole is sensible. Any modifications doen to the invoices.rpt will be lost and a vanilla copy used instead.

To edit the invoices.rpt you require a copy of Crystal reports v8.5. I am not sure if it will work but you could try placing your v8 copy of the .rpt into v9 folder and see if it works (take a copy first)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Reports are always actinic version specific, so you will need to modify the V9 report.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan - no prob with removing one line! But I dont know what the .rpt is called - in v9 its not invoice.rpt.

Any ideas?

Comment

Ok - now being thick - found it! doh!

Comment

Just in case other people read this, it's invoices.rpt.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

We use a vastly amended Invoices.rpt, which we copied successfully from V8 into V9 without any problems. It is about time that Actinic considered using a different report writer to Crystal Reports V8.5 - which is not available anywhere!
              John Sollars
              MD at Stinkyink.Com
              Ph 01746 781020
              Fx 01746 781698
              Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Originally posted by john@stinkyink. View Post
                It is about time that Actinic considered using a different report writer to Crystal Reports V8.5 - which is not available anywhere!
                It's one thing paying the money to upgrade Actinic let alone for software that Actinic uses.

Bikster

Comment

We use a vastly amended Invoices.rpt, which we copied successfully from V8 into V9 without any problems.
                  That's good to hear John .... will strike that off the list of jobs to do during the upgrade procedure on my own sites

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                    That's good to hear John .... will strike that off the list of jobs to do during the upgrade procedure on my own sites
                    Unfortunately not Jont - the v8 and v9 invoices are release dependant. The v8 invoice will not normally work for v9.

I'm not sure what John's mods were that allowed it to work on both versions.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                      Unfortunately not Jont - the v8 and v9 invoices are release dependant. The v8 invoice will not normally work for v9.
                      Oh well - thought I could save a little time will add back on to the "to do" list again!

Bikster

Comment

Morning Chaps,

Sorry Jont, Duncan is right!. We use Jan's One Stop Order processing in which the V8 report works fine, but I've just looked in Actinic and there is no information in the invoice report. Bit of a B****r!
                        John Sollars
                        MD at Stinkyink.Com
                        Ph 01746 781020
                        Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Hi John

You need to convert it to use V9, to do this go to the Database / Set Location option and pick one of the tables and point it at the V9 table - it will ask if you want to do the rest, say yes and it should be fine, or I can update it for you.

The main differences between V8 and V9 are changes that relate to inclusive tax pricing, quite a lot of changes, however if you are not using that tax mode you should be ok using your current invoice but just updating it for V9.

Regards,

Comment

Thank you very much Jan,

These days we import all the orders directly into Sage 200, and then use the information within Sage to generate our invoices/picking note, we only use the Actinic layout for any customer queries we get and we have been using your One Stop Order Processing for some years now for all order views and customer service the V8 invoice works fine with OSOP - which is why I thought it worked in Actinic, my only excuse is I'm getting toooo old for all this clever technology!

Regards

John
                            John Sollars
                            MD at Stinkyink.Com
                            Ph 01746 781020
                            Fx 01746 781698

Comment

my only excuse is I'm getting toooo old for all this clever technology!
                              I'd actually forgotten that we set the database version for reports when we print them in One Stop Order Processing .... I'm gonna blame that on age as well :-)

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X