Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Description Link

Hi
    When I mouse over the short description for a product, it changes to the same colour as is used for Mouse Hover Link, but it's not a link (the mouse pointer changes to the text selection cursor rather than the hand with pointing finger). This is a little bit confusing as it kind of gives the impression you should be able to click it. Actually this would be quite nice, because I am using extended information pages and it would be quite useful to be able to click on the short description. Is there a way to do that, or stop the mouse hover thing from happening?
    Paul

the mouse hover (in Firefox, most likely) is due to the anchor tag surrounding the product short description.
    In the design tab, click on a short product description and it'l take you to the variable ProductName
    Somewhere close after it, there will be a </a> tag, move it to immediately after it says
    <a name="EncodedProductAnchor"> and this should stop the hover.
    (you can also change
    <a name="EncodedProductAnchor"> to <a name="EncodedProductAnchor"/> and lose the </a> to achieve the same effect.)

If you want to use the ProductName to link through to the extended info then you can copy the a href code that surrounds your product image, choosing the correct blockif condition to ensure it opens in a new window/same page like the other links do (click on the ProductImageLayout to see what I mean)

Tracey

Comment

Working...
    X