Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync Actinic

Hi,

Is it possible to sync 2 Actinics on 2 computers, (V8).

What is sync server on V9, can someone tell me more on how it works?
    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
    Snuggle Feet
    Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

The sync server is a service program that is used to manage data locking (along with some other small tasks) on multiuser Actinic sites.

I'm not sure what you mean by syncing 2 Actinics on two computers, could you explain more what you want to do please.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Is 'sync server' available for Actinic 8? If yes, do you know where the set-up guides are?

I got Actinic 8 Business (Multi-Site licence).

I'm running Actinic on my laptop, just want to know it I install Actinic on my Desktop computer can I sync both copies. So order downloaded on my laptop will then show on my Desktop, along with changes to Actinic products and so on.... A bit like Outlook 2007 Exchange server, if that makes sence.
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi Les,

You would need to upgrade to the multiuser version of Actinic to do that, the V8 version doesn't have a sync server but uses a different technology to do the same.

You could use snapshots or the import order feature in Actinic to achieve a similar effect (not sure of the licensing implications here and it would be static, in that to see the orders you would have to manually import them) or you could use one of the order viewing plugins to look at orders, we have one - One Stop Order Processing - http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html and Gabriel Crowe also has one - Actinet, http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

So say I upgrade to V9 with Multi-User / Multi-Sites, will I be able to sync two computer with Actinic running, can I sync all products, all orders?

Can any point me to the 'Actinic Sync Server' guide / info page, as I can't seem to find any documents about it.
          Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
          Snuggle Feet

Comment

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/business-plus.htm

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that, I did see that feature page.

Is there a user guide also? I don't want to up-grade only to find out it won't do half the things I want it to do.
              Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
              Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi Les,

Multiuser allows you to access one Actinic system from lots of computers, there is no need to sync them because they are the same system.

You can have one administrator user per site and then multiple order processors (who can process orders) and multiple content processors (who can change the catalog etc). Any user can log in to any computer to use Actinic and the changes they made are shown on other computers that use Actinic. One point that might be a problem to you is that you have to have the computers on the same network - if you have a PC and a laptop then you might want to use the laptop at home and the PC at work but keep them in sync, this won't work with multiuser. The only way to do this is to use snapshots to keep the data the same on both.

Regards,

Comment

external hard drive

Might I suggest you use a decent external hard drive, preferably with Firewire, and install actinic to that. (note untested) presumably that way you can carry your site directory, snapshots etc around and just point the various installations of actinic to it.

As far as I'm aware, you are allowed to install actinic business to 2 machines. not sure about the rest
                  http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Comment

Working...
                  X