Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter - User data collection capabilities

Hello

Sorry if I've broken any rules about first time posts but couldn't find any.

I have recently inherited a website using Actinic as the CMS in my new job and have never used Actinic before. I am trying to bring the website up to date with regards look and functionality and one of the items on my extensive 'to do' list is to create a form for customers to enter their email address so they can receive special offers and news letters in the future.

From my initial investigation into Actinic, it appears to be a CMS with no database supporting it but uses catalogue files to store and display data with perl as the scripting language to do this (please correct me if I'm wrong). From looking on the Actinic website and the basic and advanced user guides, I believe that it is possible but maybe not so in the Business Client version (version 8) of the software which we have.

Could you just let me know if this is the case or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Actinic only collects email addresses in the checkout, which you can then import into a mailing list facility (marketing menu)

if you want to add subscribe/unsubscribe coding you will have to code this yourself to integrate with your chosen mailing software

actinic database is held on your PC and is not serverside

if you go to www dot rannochsmokery dot co dot uk check out join mailing list link on left hand nav - here we added the code to our mailing list software into an actinic brochure page

Comment

Working...
    X