V8 Multi User & Vista problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Multi User & Vista problem

Hunted around the forums here & knowledge base but can't find anything about the problem I'm encountering.

I upgraded our V6 to V8 multi-user (8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA) with 2 additional keys, and upgraded all our PC's at the same time to Vista machines. The site transfer went really well, and the multi user loaded fine on each machine.

Trouble is, only one machine can use Actinic at any one time. If the main (host) machine is logged on as administrator, the other satelite machines just hang at the password stage. If a satelite machine logs in first, then the admin logs in, the whole thing falls over.

Actinic support have looked into it but can't resolve it, my techie ensures the network is sound. All machines have access to the public folder on the main machine (and each others), we've disabled the firewalls on each machine, and the router. We've switched user accounts (windows) off on each machine but nothing fixes it.

I have noticed on the support page, hidden in the corner the following message:
    "Actinic MultiUser / Enterprise
    (Access version)Due to known Issues with Microsoft Access databases becoming corrupted when they are shared from a Vista machine, it is strongly recommended that the shared database is installed on an earlier version of Windows. "

Is my version the Access version? and is this likely to be my problem?

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received before I revert to tin cans & string again!

What version of access are your machines using?
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have no idea, how would I find out? when I upgraded from V6 to V8 I sent a copy of the database to Actinic support for them to upgrade it as I didn't have access on a machine here. I've since loaded MS office onto the machine, could this be where the conflict lies?

Comment

If you open 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' in Access it should tell you what version the Database is in. If it came to you from Actinic it most probably will be Access 2000. Your version of office will be the version of Access on your machine.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
        Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
        One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
        Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the copy of office used on all 3 PC's does not have Access on it so I can't easily check version, (sorry for mis-leading previous post, I thought it did). Does this mean the version is no longer important or am I missing something? Actinic upgraded the database (Access 2000 does ring a bell) so that I could import it into V8 from V6.

Comment

Ian,

"Actinic MultiUser / Enterprise
            (Access version)Due to known Issues with Microsoft Access databases becoming corrupted when they are shared from a Vista machine, it is strongly recommended that the shared database is installed on an earlier version of Windows. "
            You may have to use an XP box to share the Database on.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King, Mole End Software Support
            Integrated label paper for Actinic A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels.
            One Stop Automation Automate Actinic. Mole End Automation works while you play.
            Mole End Product Mash for Actinic A suite of marketing feeds for your Actinic Store

Actinic Upgrade and Design Service

Comment

Working...
            X