Search - needs whole name not sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search - needs whole name not sections

Well ... the search engine on V9 although more detailed has actually hindered us when searching for customers. On V8 I could search just the surname or a section of a surname and it would produce all of the results containing those letters. Now when searching for a customer the whole name including any initials etc must be included for it to find it.

Example if my customer is Mr A Smith I need to enter that whole name in to find it not just Smith which worked on V8.

Does any one know of a patch for this or some way to improve it? It's quite a big thing for us as many customers don't have their order numbers available.

Any help much appreciated
    www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

We gave up on Search in actinic some years ago and use Mole Ends One Stop Order Processing. You can run it on multiple machines everyone can search easily, it is brilliant. www.mole-end.biz

Regards

John
    John Sollars
    MD at Stinkyink.Com
    Ph 01746 781020
    Fx 01746 781698
    Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Have you tried using *smith* to search?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Have you tried using *smith* to search?
        Well I just tried that and it actually worked, we'd been trying the quotes and everything that were automatically put in on V8. Must admit I feel a little daft now. Thanks for the sound advice though

Also thanks to john@stinkyink , I know what you mean about the actinic search... it is a bit dire.

Many thanks!
        www.outdoorworlddirect.co.uk - Suppliers of quality camping and outdoor equipment.

Comment

The v9 MOTO form product search is also totally pants It only allows one to search using a single keyword or an exact phrase. The option to search customvariables needs to be added as well as optional display of duplicates.

Comment

FYI:

Actinet can also search one some pretty clever things. Even on products ordered, and some advanced name/postcode/order number searching heuristics.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor World D View Post
              Thanks for the sound advice though
              No problem - it is not the most obvious of things to do.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X