Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding prodcuts to home page?

Hi All

I want to be able to add a product section to the home page...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

Neil
    Neil Bosley
    The Ink Depot
    http://www.theinkdepot.co.uk
    nb@theinkdepot.co.uk

Hi,

Do you mean adding a link to a product section or actually adding products to your home page?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your reply.

What I want to do is add special offers in mini product layout linking to the actual single page product...what I've ended up doing is using the Best Sellers function and set to manually update the products...do you thinkwill this will work?

KR
      Neil
      Neil Bosley
      The Ink Depot
      nb@theinkdepot.co.uk

Comment

Hi Neil,

That's the easiest way and would've been my suggestion.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks Tracey

On another topic, I'm trying to reduce the width of the cart and checkout pagesplus add some padding to the top so the text starts more in line with the rest of the site...would yoube able to point me in the right direction as to where I should be looking to make these changes?

Also when you place an order the cart appears then bounces you back to the product page, can I activate the check out buttons on this page so the customer has the choice to save, contiue shopping or checking out etc?

Many thanks

Neil
          Neil Bosley
          The Ink Depot
          nb@theinkdepot.co.uk

Comment

Also when you place an order the cart appears then bounces you back to the product page, can I activate the check out buttons on this page so the customer has the choice to save, contiue shopping or checking out etc?
            set bounce time to zero so the customer is not bounced back to product page, allow (design options)

Taken from the Help files - search on Saving Cart

The Shopping Cart
            There are two ways that you can control the behaviour of the shopping cart:

· You can allow customers to save the contents of their shopping carts and retrieve them at a later date. You can also control how long these are saved for.

· You can change how long the shopping cart will stay active for (how long the live 'session' lasts).

Saving Shopping Carts
            In 'Business Settings | Ordering', you can set whether customers are permitted to save/retrieve their shopping carts.

· Select 'Enable Repeat Orders From Unregistered Customers' to enable the feature for customers that do not log into your store.

· Select 'Enable Repeat Orders from Registered Customers' to enable the feature for customers that log into your store.

When you enable the feature (the feature is enabled by default) a 'Save' button and a 'Retrieve' button is added to the 'View Cart' page on your online store.

You can set how long the shopping carts are saved for in the 'Web | Configure Expiry Periods…' window. Enter expiry periods into the 'Shopping Lists' area.

Expiring Shopping Sessions
            When customers are shopping online, they have a 'shopping session' active that maintains their shopping basket. Shopping sessions are ended once an order is places. You can set how long abandoned shopping sessions persist for in 'Web | Configure Expiry Periods'. Enter a number of hours in the 'Delete Shopping Carts after' field.

You can end all shopping sessions (including any live ones) by clicking 'Purge Session Files' in 'Help | Troubleshooting' – see Troubleshooting.

Comment

Hi Jo

Many thanks, that did the trick

KR

Neil
              Neil Bosley
              The Ink Depot
              nb@theinkdepot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X