Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Other Info Prompt 8.5.2HMVA

Hi

I use other info prompts on all of my product pages and for some strange reason it has started to duplicate these on the Customer Email and the invoice and data entry printouts, but NOT on the Customer Receipt. So when a customer enters data in the boxes, that prints out okay with the questons and their answers, but it is also showing, in bold, all the prompts with no answers. See sample below

Product Code Product Description

Name & Address: Name & Address: Mr Smith, 21 Test Street
    Postcode: Postcode: YO8 6HG
    Greeting: Greeting: Dear Dad, Happy Birthday
    (this is the
    repeated bit)

It was all working fine and I'm not aware of making any significant changes to anything. I know the date it last worked and I have tried importing older snapshots prior to that date to see if I could resolve it, but it didn't work and I actually ended up with a crash problem!

I have checked the customer email layout and cannot find anything strange happening. So I have temporarily taken out all the product info in the email layout until I can resolve this, so customers don't see it all messy, but I don't know where to look to see if there is some duplication occuring in the invoice and data entry layouts - I can't seem to find these anywhere - probably somewhere really simple no doubt!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, as tech support have not got back to me on this issue and I'd like to get it sorted.

Thanks

Helen
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Have you tried resetting the layouts back to factory default in the library? Or at least comparing to see if anything obvious has happened.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

That's the thing - I can't find them to check. Do you know what they are called for the invoice & data entry layout? I've looked under all the obvious Library layouts, but can't seem to find them and the search usually needs to be an exact match. However, on the Customer Email layout that I did find, there wasn't anything unusual, it all looked okay.

thanks
      Helen
      www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

If you switch to the design tab and click on the offend piece of code the layout name will show in the bar... you can then search on that in the library (the design tree will also show the name of the layouts)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont, am I being dense? When I'm in design view I cannot find anyway to view the invoice and data entry reports so that I can bring up a layout and if I go into orders tab where I can view these, there is no facility to view any code. Is the information on the invoice and data entry printouts taken from another layout that I can look at? Or are they kept somewhere else? I can view the customer receipt layout, but that is actually working okay, so doesn't help (and if anything I would have thought the invoice was a repeat of the receipt, which makes things worse if it is!).
          Thanks
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

You cannot edit the reports from within Actinic - therefore unless someone has changed the report for you the error must be on your site instead.

The 'Greeting' input must be repeated in your product code somewhere. Try going to the product in Design View and clicking on the entry box and checking the code there.

Comment

Thanks, I agree there must be some duplication somewhere, but I can't see it there either. It doesn't makes sense why the multi other info prompt worked fine and then it started duplicating for no apparent reason that I can see. I would understand if it had started straight after I upgraded to 8.5.2, but it didn't.

I'll have to try some tests on my laptop and revert back to factory settings and then re-input the plug in and see if that helps, but I didn't want to do that unless I had to, in case I lost other changes I've done, although not sure which bits to revert back, the component layouts I assume?

Thanks for helping.
              Helen
              www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X