Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale Price Display

Hello

I have inherited the business version of Actinic on a web development I am involved in and have had little experience using this CMS.

The website I have also inherited is in need of updating and has some fundamental flaws. One of these flaws (and the reason I am here) is the display of the sale price to customers. When a customer clicks an item to view further details, the price is displayed to them. Obviously this price corresponds to the price entered in Actinic. If a sale was applied to the item, the new sale price is not displayed to the customer until they go through to the checkout stage. Usually the company would edit the text for the items in the sale to say "take 20% off this price" for example. IMO the price should be made clearly available to the customer at all times and, if possible, displayed next to the original price for comparison. I have looked in Actinic itself and the basic and advanced guides but can find no clear way of doing this. If you know of a way then it would be most appreciated.

Also (long post, lots of issues), is there a way to deal with apply sales on items where items are discounted by a monetary value rather than percentage based. There is currently a sale on and rather than apply say 20% again, they decided they were going to individually alter prices; for example this sofa will be £599.95 instead of 999.95 and that one will be 499.95 instead of 999.95. As the sale was imminent, I had no choice but to backup the site, change all of the prices manually and upload them; when the sale finishes, I will upload the backup so prices revert to pre-sale.

If you would like to see the site to get a clearer picture it is www.coles.co.uk.

Any further advice you would like to give to the general appearance or anything glaringly obvious with regards Actinic then please be brutally honest as it can only be beneficial.

if you upgrade to v8.5.3 and above there is a new layout where i beleive you can hold 2 prices for every product.

this thread may help

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=cost+price

Comment

additionally, you could use some javascript, and some good old british maths, and deduct the 20% yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X