cost price bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cost price bug

Hi, i have just come across a problem when exporting order data that contains 'cost price' in duplicate products.
    The exported 'orderline' file does not contain any values for 'cost price' on duplicate products.
    V9.02
    The duplicate products in the content tree are populated with cost prices and work fine for master products.

I have just spent all Saturday entering this information!
    Kind Regards
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Hi

I've tried to replicate the same but have not be able too. So a few questions, was this an online or offline order, second was the main product ordered or was it the duplicate.

Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

hi, it was an on-line order, duplicate product ordered.
      Think there might be an issue in that we have imported a flat file to change prices.
      We created a flat file to update product prices and new cost prices, for all master products but not for duplicates.
      The imported file went ok and i can see cost prices in all duplicates in the content tree but actinic is not updating the database.

If i export a full comma delimited file from actinic wizard all the duplicate products are missing the cost prices, despite being visible in the general tab of the product.

Our imported flat file populated cost price for master products but we did not enter any values for duplicate products as I assumed actinic would update duplicates cost price and sale price.

The duplicate products are showing as populated in the catalogue tree but will not show in any reports or exported files.

Wes
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi,

I can't recreate the problem either. I did the following:

- entered a cost price into a product
        - created a duplicate of that product
        - uploaded the store and placed two orders, one for the original product and one for the duplicate
        - dowloaded the orders and exported them
        - the cost price appeared for both products in the 'orderlines.csv' file

- I then exported the catalog and removed the cost price for the duplicate product
        - re-imported the file, replacing everything
        - uploaded the site and placed two orders, one for the original product and one for the duplicate
        - dowloaded the orders and exported them
        - the cost price appeared for both products in the 'orderlines.csv' file

I suggest that you contact support for futher investigation of your snapshot (link to webform in my signature).
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

hi, i contacted support over a week ago but no answer yet.
          wes
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I'll chase things up for you.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

i have yet had no reply,
              have left message and email to support
              if i can explain things maybe step by step

running actinic 9.02 business plus which was upgraded from a v7 site.

This problem only affects duplicate products as far as i can tell that were already present in v7, newly created duplicates in v9 do not have this problem.

If i amend a cost price on the master product, the corresponding duplicate products cost price will update in the product details general tab.

however, if i then export a comma delimited file from the 'file export' window when i open it up in excel the 'cost price' of the duplicate products that were created in v7 have not updated to show the new price.
              They still show the old cost price.

I have since manually changed all duplicate cost prices in excel and imported the data in, this has updated the duplicates with the correct cost prices.
              But if i then amend the master product with a new cost price, and export a csv file the problem orrises again, none of the old duplicate products are updating. Newly created duplicates in v9 seem to work fine.
              I have about 200 duplicate products that were original created in v7.

Wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi Wesley,

I can now recreate the problem from your last post and think that there is definitely an issue for v7 upgraded products with duplicates. I've put the recreatable steps to the development team and will post back when I get a response from them.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

hi, thats good, at least its not me!
                  wes
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi,

This has been classed as a bug now and is scheduled to be fixed in 9.0.4. The only workaround that we can come up with is to run a query on the database, but I'm afraid that it will have to be run each time you make a change to your cost prices:

- close Actinic
                    - browse to 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' file in your site folder and take a backup
                    - open it in MS Access 2000
                    - click on the 'View' menu and select 'Database Objects | Queries'
                    - click on the 'New' icon in the Query window toolbar
                    - select 'Design View' and click 'OK'
                    - close the 'Show Table' window
                    - go to the 'View' menu and select 'SQL View'
                    - replace the contents of this window with the following SQL statement:

Code:
                    UPDATE Product AS DuplicateProduct INNER JOIN Product AS OriginalProduct 
                    ON DuplicateProduct.sOriginalProdRef = OriginalProduct.[Product Reference] 
                    SET DuplicateProduct.nCostPrice = [OriginalProduct].[nCostPrice]
                    WHERE (((DuplicateProduct.nProductType)=1));
                    - go to the 'Query' menu and select 'Run'
                    - click 'yes' on the message that appears telling you how many rows in the database are about to be updated
                    - you can then close the query (save it) and the database
                    - re-open the software and update your site.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, ok will take a look and let you know.
                      Any idea of time length for 9.04
                      thanks
                      wesley
                      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi, have run this work around a couple of times and all seems well, doing what it should!
                        Thanks for posting this.
                        Will be looking forward to the 9.4 update though!
                        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Glad to hear that it works for you. I don't have a timeframe for 9.0.4 yet I'm afraid.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

hi, no sign of this in 9.03 then.
                            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

It was in the release notes i read. Made available to the product layouts and the import/export error has been fixed. What else was you expecting?

Comment

Working...
                              X